Would I Benefit from a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I think my nose is too thin and small for a male nose. Most others think it look fine. My nose was much bigger in the past and now I am stuck with this tiny thing. From a doctors standpoint, if someone came into your office with this nose would you proceed to a revision? If so, what kind of augmentation would you advise? OR is this something I should work on accepting (which I have tried thus far and having little success). Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Seeing more photos and/or performing an exam would be necessary to provide you with the best advice. If you feel your nose is too small, it is possible to improve its appearance with a revision. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of a revision may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Benefit of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to augment a nose depending on the problem and what the patient wants to achieve. After reading your post I recommend that you sit down with an experienced surgeon who specializes in revisions to have your nose examined, discuss your alternatives, and clarify your goals.

Would I benefit from revision/

+1

If your nose appearance is causing you distress then it is certainly worth pursuing consultation to see what could be done. It is impossible to make any recommendations from this single photo. See a surgeon with interest and experience in revision rhinoplasty and have a consult with computer imaging to see what different types of changes can do and if you would be happy with them.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to tell what needs to be performed from  this single photograph. A full set of pictures including side profile, frontal, and three-quarter were all required to  make any judgment calls. From one photograph presented, it appears the tip is to wide relative to the remainder of the nose so some consideration to refinement of the tip could be entertained.

Thin nose

+1

You could reduce the nasal tip to more match your thin dorsum.

You could also use injectable fillers to see how much width you would be happy with. 

Augmentation with Gore-Tex is the best choice as it is very smooth

David Ellis

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon