Small breast implants. Will they drop and project more in a few months? (photos)

My goal size was a C cup and I chose the 350cc high profile sub muscular. (I had to get 325 cc in one breast to even them out. I was a 32A before and when I tried on the sizers they seemed to fit. Now they seem more like a B cup. The only other size that would fit my 10.5 BWD were the UHP 360 or 400. I was afraid they would look too ball-like so I insisted on the Natrelle 20 High profile silicone. Did I choose the wrong size?!?!

Worried about implant choice

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

• I think your implant size is going to be fine,
  • The bruise should gradually fade,
  • You haven't made any mistakes - just give things time to settle down. Best wishes.

Concerns over size

+1
are certainly valid BUT your photos do show more of a 'C' cup look than a B cup.  And your breasts will soften and settle as you heal, improving your look and allowing you to confirm that you are indeed more a C cup now.  The size you selected should do this for you.  Focus on healing and getting the absolute best result possible and realize that regardless of what cup you end up with, your look will be very good.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant sizes

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  You have a very good early result.  You will likely end up with a nice "C" cup breast size given your starting cup size and the volume you chose.  From the photos, you are not far out from surgery and there will still be some settling of the implants.  You will get more volume in the lower part of the breast as the implants settle and the skin stretches and this will ultimately give you a good amount of projection, which is what determines the cup size of a bra.  

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Your breasts will look larger and more natural as your healing progresses

+1
Based on your photograph you look very good this early after breast augmentation.

Over the next 3 months your breast implants will drop beneath the nipple areola, project the breast further and look much more full and natural.  My guess based on your current photo is that she will have an excellent result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Small breast implants. Will they drop and project more in a few months?

+1
The typical issue is, "I wished I would have gone bigger!!" You needed 400 cc +++ implants but nose you need to allow healing than re consider options.. 

Results are great

+1
Thanks for your question and the pics. Given your early result looks good, I suspect you will be more pleased as time goes on. The limitation of implant sizes given your small base diameter is something you will have to accept. I absolutely agree that UHP is a bad choice. Give it some time and I think you will be very happy. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Wrong Size?

+1
Thank you for your picture.  Your augmentation results look good.  Only you can tell if this the result you wanted.  There really is no right or wrong. Revisit your results 3 months after surgery.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Augment

+1
The breast enlargement procedure is never done to make someone fit a specific bra. It is only done to give someone a certain look. From what I can see in the photos you look like you will be a C appearance. The bandages indicate you are very recently postop. Give this three months and then decide. By the way, you should be wearing a compression strap across the upper part of the breasts so call your physician to get one. It will help them settle faster. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast implants dropping once swelling goes down

+1
You don't mention in your question how far out you are from your breast augmentation, but the pictures look like they were done  relatively recently.  I tell most of my patients that it will take a minimum of 3 months for the implants to drop, and if submuscular, for the swelling to go out of the muscle enough for the muscle to stop pushing the implants flat and up and lateral.  When they "drop" they will be softer and will project more.   I would be shocked if a 325/350 didn't make you a 32C, but then again there are strange bra manufacturers out there.  Bottom line, minimum 3 months, and maybe as much as 6 to get an idea about your final breast shape and cup size.

Melinda Haws, MD