What is the Average Price of Dental Implants?

Is the cost different for incisors than molars?

Dental implant costs

+2

In our practice, dental implant costs range from $1900 to $2200. We have a 3D CT scanner in our office which helps with precise placement of the implant in the bone for best results and avoid risks ofthe procedure.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

The cost of implants depends on how much the patient values their smile

+1

Placing a dental implant is like mimicking nature. Teeth are naturally born in bone, and yet we as humans are trying to get bone to stick to the metallic surface. It takes intelligent thinking and forward planning to place an implant so that it stays in the bone and supports a crown.

So just think what amazing science has allowed metal to stick to bone and appreciate that costs can reflect the expertise associated with it.

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist

Implant costs

+1

I would say the cost depends on a few things

1. Bone grafting required?

2. Is a custom abutment needed to restore case?

3. Does the clinician use different companies for different situations (ex ankylos implant in anterior and biohorizon implant in posterior)

With this being said make sure the price is for the entire procedure start to finish and not just the surgical component, many times a specialist will place the implant and the general dentist will restore it so you have multiple offices to deal with

J. Willis Baker, DDS
Wichita Cosmetic Dentist

Dental implants and Fees

+1

There are many reasons for different fees for a dental implant. One reason is that there are over 150 different types of dental implants on the market. Some have a long history and some have only been on the market for a short time. Some manufacturers have standard parts and many are clones of the major companies. I would worry less about the implant fee and more about the experience of the person placing it for you. If you need bone grafting, or any additional procedures, this adds cost. Finally, the restorative portion is separate from the surgical part. On average to restore a tooth, a fee of 3000 to 3500 is an average fee.

Bernard Ian Krupp, DDS
Baltimore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Cost of Implants

+1

The only difference in cost between a molar and incisor would be the need for bone grafting or custom abutments. The cost of the implant should not vary. Be careful when getting a quote for implants that the price included everything. Unfortunately, some dental offices will advertise a very low cost for an implant but after placing the implant they will tell you that grafting was not included, and neither was the cost of the abutment. You can't restore an implant without the abutment so why would a dental office advertise an implant without the abutment? It's done a lot in my area and I think it reflects on the integrity of the office as a whole. In summary: if you want to know the true cost of the implant, make sure the price quoted included the abutment and any necessary bone grafting. 

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist