I'm not talking about adding or taking away anything from my breasts..I just want a lift. Can someone tell me what is the average price for a breast lift?
How Much Does a Breast Lift Cost?
Doctor Answers (75)
Breast Lift, Mastopexy pricing in North Carolina
The most expensive surgeon may or may not be the ideal surgeon for you. "Lowball" or discount pricing may often be an attempt to fill an empty O.R. schedule, which should be a concern. Or a very low price may not be the inclusive cost of surgery.
Of course, with anything we all want the best value, but consider your plastic surgeons training. How long did they train and where did they receive training? Consider experience and results. One should not select a surgeon based exclusively on before and after photos. But, viewing multiple examples of the surgery interests you must be an important consideration.
For women interested exclusively in breast lifts without augmentation, the following may not be as important, but many women are interested in an augmentation / mastopexy, or breast lift plus implants. For those women, consider the following:
If a women is seeking a natural-appearing result, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.
I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
It is important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon, and research yourself this information before selecting a plastic surgeon
1. Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
2. How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
3. Incision locations
4. Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
5. Attention to detail in breast augmentation
6. Breast augmentation after pregnancy
7. Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
8. Recovery and downtime
9. Avoiding capsular contracture
10.Revisional breast augmentation surgery
Detailed information about each of the above items can be found on my website and on the website of other plastic surgeons who perform a great deal of breast augmentation surgery.
In order not have any surprises with the price of surgery, ask if there are additional potential chages for pre or post-operative visits, pain control devices,or garments. Be sure that there are no additional charges for office visits. There should never be a charge for an office visit if a patient has a concern. In fact, most plastic surgeons want to see you if you have a concern.Ask if the fee you have been given includes the O.R. staff , equipment and supplies including pain pumps, garments, and of course a board certified anesthesiologist.
Please do not make your decision on the plastic surgeon based on who has the lowest price without looking at the whole picture and taking your time researching to find the right plastic surgeon for you. Always, ask to see many, many photographs, speak to patients and ask your own physician about any plastic surgeon you are considering.
Of course, be sure your plastic surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and ideally is a member of The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Full Breast Lift Costs in Los Angeles
A full breast lift in Los Angeles at the low end may be $7000. At the high end, maybe $15000. Do not select the plastic surgeon solely based upon price. Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE CREDENTIALS who performs hundreds of breast lifts per year.
Breast lift fees can vary
Thank you for your question. It is difficult to pin down an exact cost for breast lift surgery because there are a variety of different types of breast lifts. A crescent lift or Periareolar lift are relatively small procedures that can usually be done under local anesthesia. These are relatively inexpensive.
A full breast left is performed under a general anesthesia and certainly would be more expensive.
I think that your best option would be to seek the guidance of a board certified plastic surgeon and determine which lift is best for you. That would allow you to compare apples to apples. Once you know which type of lift you need you can seek out the surgeon whose experience, and fee structure work best with you.
You might also like...
Breast lift cost in North Carolina
The cost of all cosmetic and elective surgery varies greatly by geographic region. It also varies by surgeon and by technique. In my practice, the average cost of a vertical breast lift procedure is about $5400. This is the most common lifting procedure that I perform and involves lifting and reshaping the breast tissue.
Breast lifts are cheapest when they are only done once
The revision rate for breast lift surgery is a bit higher than other cosmetic procedures- make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a busy practice doing breast lift procedures. The breast lift gets expensive when it needs to be revised.
The Least Expensive Breast Lift
"The least expensive breast lift is the one done right the first time"
1. Make sure your surgeon is certified by a REAL board - the American Board of Plastic Surgery
2. A great way to get a good referral is to call your local major hospital and ask to be connected to the Operating Room. Then ask one of the operating room nurses, or - better yet - one of the anesthesiologists, which plastic surgeon they would send their family member to. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologists watch everybody operate, and they can give you a good recommendation.
3. You are NOT shopping for a product that is the same no matter where you get it. Don't make a decision based on price alone. Remember - "The least expensive breast lift is the one done right the first time".
David N Clayton, MD, FACS
Breast lift cost
The proper breast lift for you is a complex decision process determined based on your desires, anatomy, practicality, availablility, picture review, weight loss, changes during pregnancy & nursing, etc. Sometimes a brest lift is best achieved with an implant (I understand this is not your desire)othertimes it may require actual lifting of the nipple/gland and sometimes a combination is best. This is usually determined at the time of the initial consultation but may need to be adjusted intra-operatively.
The choice of incisions vary tremendously and depend on the extent of the drooping (called ptosis). Incisions may be limited to or around the areola (the pigmented part of the nipple/areola complex), may extend straight down from the nipple, and/or may require and incision under the breast as well. If implants are required, I generally prefer smooth implants placed under the muscle using an incision under the breast.
Although I understand your desire to obtain the price; I can't give you a fixed price for several reasons. Prices depend on:
- Extent of the procedure
- Type of implant required, if necessary (range anywhere from $400 up to $2000)
- Do you want it done in a hospital, office surgical suite, or surgicenter and the prices vary accordingly with the last being the most affordable.
- Do you want a nurse, a surgeon, or a Board Certified Anesthesiologist to perform anesthesia?
Depending on these factors breast lift can range anywhere from $4000 up to $10,000. Think about it and make the right choice. For your information, our typical cost currently averages about $5500-7000 for a breast lift procedure and up to $10,000 for a combined (implant) procedure (depending on the extent of the lift). These fees include surgeon's fees, a certified anesthesiologist, accredited outpatient surgicenter, saline filled smooth round implants, and initial garments and dressings, and post-operative visits. Many other options are available and prices do vary accordingly.
Prices for Breast lift vs. Augmentation
In looking at the a price quote for breast augmentation, you should consider many variables.
1. The Surgeon's Fee. This can vary widely depending on the experience and results and thus demand for that surgeon. This also sometimes depends on technique. For example, a sub-muscular placement of an implant is much faster and thus takes less work for the surgeon than a sub-fascial placement of the implant that takes twice as long.
2. The Implant. The breast implant price depends on using a saline, memory gel, or highly cohesive (gummybear) implants. Usually saline implants cost about $1,000 for a pair, memory gel $2,000, and highly cohesive $3,000. If fat is used instead of an implant, then usually a fat harvest charge is used instead of implant fee as liposuction supplies are used and the fat purified in a variety of methods. The size of the implant does not matter, only the type of implant. If a dermal matrix is needed then there is an additional charge (usually about $1,000). In revisions, often the same implant can be used which saves on the implant costs. If a breast lift alone is performed, then obviously there is no implant cost.
3. Anesthesia. This can vary as well. If a board certified anesthesiologist is used then the price is higher. If a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) then the price is lower. It is even lower when a doctor just uses a non-certified anesthetist nurse, or just a medical assistant to push the anesthetic drugs (yes, this actually does happen).
4. Facility Fee. This can vary if the surgeon is using a certified surgery center or hospital vs. his non-certified office.
These four components make the total price, so it is best to break these down so the patient knows exactly what she is getting.
Realself has an average cost for each city.
Pablo Prichard, MD
Breast lift cost
Hope that helps
Breast Lift (Mastopexy) Pricing, Tucson, AZ
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.