How Much Does a Breast Lift Cost?

I'm not talking about adding or taking away anything from my breasts..I just want a lift.  Can someone tell me what is the average price for a breast lift?

Breast Lift, Mastopexy pricing in North Carolina

+7
The prices for breast augmentation can vary, sometimes significantly. 
The most expensive surgeon may or may not be the ideal surgeon for you. "Lowball" or discount  pricing may often be an attempt to fill an empty O.R. schedule, which should be a concern.   Or a very low price may not be the inclusive cost of surgery.  
Of course, with anything we all want the best value, but consider your plastic surgeons training. How long did they train and where did they receive training? Consider experience and results. One should not select a surgeon based exclusively on before and after photos. But, viewing multiple examples of the surgery interests you must be an important consideration.
For women interested exclusively in breast lifts without augmentation, the following may not be as important, but many women are interested in an augmentation / mastopexy, or breast lift plus implants. For those women, consider the following:
If a women is seeking a natural-appearing result, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them. 
I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
It is important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon, and research yourself this information before selecting a plastic surgeon
1. Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
2. How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
3. Incision locations
4. Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
5. Attention to detail in breast augmentation
6. Breast augmentation after pregnancy
7. Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
8. Recovery and downtime
9. Avoiding capsular contracture
10.Revisional breast augmentation surgery
Detailed information about each of the above items can be found on my website and on the website of other plastic surgeons who perform a great deal of breast augmentation surgery.
In order not have any surprises with the price of surgery, ask if there are additional potential chages for pre or post-operative visits, pain control devices,or garments. Be sure that there are no additional charges for office visits. There should never be a charge for an office visit if a patient has a concern. In fact, most plastic surgeons want to see you if you have a concern.Ask if the fee you have been given includes the O.R. staff , equipment and supplies including pain pumps, garments, and of course a board certified anesthesiologist.
Please do not make your decision on the plastic surgeon based on who has the lowest price without looking at the whole picture and taking your time researching to find the right plastic surgeon for you. Always, ask to see many, many photographs, speak to patients and ask your own physician about any plastic surgeon you are considering.
Of course, be sure your plastic surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and ideally is a member of The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Full Breast Lift Costs in Los Angeles

+5

A full breast lift in Los Angeles at the low end may be $7000.   At the high end, maybe $15000.   Do not select the plastic surgeon solely based upon price.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE CREDENTIALS who  performs hundreds of breast lifts per year.

The Least Expensive Breast Lift

+4

"The least expensive breast lift is the one done right the first time"

1. Make sure your surgeon is certified by a REAL board - the American Board of Plastic Surgery

2. A great way to get a good referral is to call your local major hospital and ask to be connected to the Operating Room. Then ask one of the operating room nurses, or - better yet - one of the anesthesiologists, which plastic surgeon they would send their family member to. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologists watch everybody operate, and they can give you a good recommendation.

3. You are NOT shopping for a product that is the same no matter where you get it. Don't make a decision based on price alone. Remember - "The least expensive breast lift is the one done right the first time".

David N Clayton, MD, FACS

David N. Clayton, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift cost in North Carolina

+3

The cost of all cosmetic and elective surgery varies greatly by geographic region. It also varies by surgeon and by technique. In my practice, the average cost of a vertical breast lift procedure is about $5400. This is the most common lifting procedure that I perform and involves lifting and reshaping the breast tissue.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts are cheapest when they are only done once

+3

The revision rate for breast lift surgery is a bit higher than other cosmetic procedures- make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a busy practice doing breast lift procedures. The breast lift gets expensive when it needs to be revised.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast lift cost

+3

The proper breast lift for you is a complex decision process determined based on your desires, anatomy, practicality, availablility, picture review, weight loss, changes during pregnancy & nursing, etc. Sometimes a brest lift is best achieved with an implant (I understand this is not your desire)othertimes it may require actual lifting of the nipple/gland and sometimes a combination is best. This is usually determined at the time of the initial consultation but may need to be adjusted intra-operatively.

The choice of incisions vary tremendously and depend on the extent of the drooping (called ptosis). Incisions may be limited to or around the areola (the pigmented part of the nipple/areola complex), may extend straight down from the nipple, and/or may require and incision under the breast as well. If implants are required, I generally prefer smooth implants placed under the muscle using an incision under the breast.

Although I understand your desire to obtain the price; I can't give you a fixed price for several reasons. Prices depend on:

• Extent of the procedure
  • Type of implant required, if necessary (range anywhere from $400 up to $2000)
  • Do you want it done in a hospital, office surgical suite, or surgicenter and the prices vary accordingly with the last being the most affordable.
  • Do you want a nurse, a surgeon, or a Board Certified Anesthesiologist to perform anesthesia?

Depending on these factors breast lift can range anywhere from $4000 up to $10,000. Think about it and make the right choice. For your information, our typical cost currently averages about $5500-7000 for a breast lift procedure and up to $10,000 for a combined (implant) procedure (depending on the extent of the lift). These fees include surgeon's fees, a certified anesthesiologist, accredited outpatient surgicenter, saline filled smooth round implants, and initial garments and dressings, and post-operative visits. Many other options are available and prices do vary accordingly.

Cost

+2

There are many kinds of breast lifts and each of them require different approaches and a different amount of work. The average cost for this procedure with me is from $7,500-$15,000.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast lift cost

+2

Costs for a breast lift will certainly vary depending on your location.  Things to factor in for the breast lift standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, implant cost (if used), other fees (e.g., pain pump, surgical garment, etc.)  A range in price  ~$5000-12000 is not unreasonable.  $6-7K would be a reasonable cost on average.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you.  Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing breast for you.  Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast Lift cost depends on technique and geographical area

+2

Dear Allie,

Thank you for your question. I noticed it has been three years since your inquiry, so I thought it prudent to update the answer. In general the same rules apply. Geographical area is usually what dictates price. But, now that more advanced techniques have become available, prices are subject to increase. One such technique is the Ultimate Breast Lift which reshapes and anchors the newly formed breast mound to achieve longevity of the lift. There is no vertical scar which inherently weakens the skin envelope and the UBL provides upper pole fullnes without the need for a breast implant. Other technical advances have made plastic surgery aesthetically more desirable and thus more costly.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon