How Much Does a Breast Lift Cost?

I'm not talking about adding or taking away anything from my breasts..I just want a lift.  Can someone tell me what is the average price for a breast lift?

The Least Expensive Breast Lift

"The least expensive breast lift is the one done right the first time"

1. Make sure your surgeon is certified by a REAL board - the American Board of Plastic Surgery

2. A great way to get a good referral is to call your local major hospital and ask to be connected to the Operating Room. Then ask one of the operating room nurses, or - better yet - one of the anesthesiologists, which plastic surgeon they would send their family member to. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologists watch everybody operate, and they can give you a good recommendation.

3. You are NOT shopping for a product that is the same no matter where you get it. Don't make a decision based on price alone. Remember - "The least expensive breast lift is the one done right the first time".

David N Clayton, MD, FACS

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Prices for Breast lift vs. Augmentation

In general, this prices of Breast Augmentation, Lift, or full mommy make overs as well as revisions can vary widely from city to city. For example, a breast augmentation can cost 3-4 times in LA and New York what it costs in Montana.
In looking at the a price quote for breast augmentation, you should consider many variables.
1. The Surgeon's Fee. This can vary widely depending on the experience and results and thus demand for that surgeon. This also sometimes depends on technique. For example, a sub-muscular placement of an implant is much faster and thus takes less work for the surgeon than a sub-fascial placement of the implant that takes twice as long.
2. The Implant. The breast implant price depends on using a saline, memory gel, or highly cohesive (gummybear) implants. Usually saline implants cost about $1,000 for a pair, memory gel $2,000, and highly cohesive $3,000. If fat is used instead of an implant, then usually a fat harvest charge is used instead of implant fee as liposuction supplies are used and the fat purified in a variety of methods. The size of the implant does not matter, only the type of implant. If a dermal matrix is needed then there is an additional charge (usually about $1,000). In revisions, often the same implant can be used which saves on the implant costs. If a breast lift alone is performed, then obviously there is no implant cost.
3. Anesthesia. This can vary as well. If a board certified anesthesiologist is used then the price is higher. If a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) then the price is lower. It is even lower when a doctor just uses a non-certified anesthetist nurse, or just a medical assistant to push the anesthetic drugs (yes, this actually does happen).
4. Facility Fee. This can vary if the surgeon is using a certified surgery center or hospital vs. his non-certified office.
These four components make the total price, so it is best to break these down so the patient knows exactly what she is getting.
Realself has an average cost for each city.
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Full Breast Lift Costs in Los Angeles

A full breast lift in Los Angeles at the low end may be $7000.   At the high end, maybe $15000.   Do not select the plastic surgeon solely based upon price.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE CREDENTIALS who  performs hundreds of breast lifts per year.

Breast lift cost

This depends on the region of the country and what type of Breast you need or wheather you are going to add a breast implant. The range In Texas would be $5500-$8000.

Donna Rich, MD

Breast lift cost

The truth is that breast lifts vary in cost greatly.  It all depends on which one and with or without an implant and which implant.  There are 3 major kinds of lifts.  The Donut aka Circumareolar lift, the lollipop aka vertical lift and the anchor lift.  As you can imagine the more involved the more expensive.  Additionally silicone is more expensive than saline IF you need an implant.  So the price can range from $5000 to $15,000.

Hope that helps

Rady Rahban, MD

There are many kinds of breast lifts and each of them require different approaches and a different amount of work. The average cost for this procedure with me is from $7,500-$15,000.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast lift fees can vary

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to pin down an exact cost for breast lift surgery because there are a variety of different types of breast lifts.  A crescent lift or Periareolar lift are relatively small procedures that can usually be done under local anesthesia.  These are relatively inexpensive.

A full breast left is performed under a general anesthesia and certainly would be more expensive.

I think that your best option would be to seek the guidance of a board certified plastic surgeon and determine which lift is best for you.  That would allow you to compare apples to apples.  Once you know which type of lift you need you can seek out the surgeon whose experience, and fee structure work best with you.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift cost depends on technique and geographical area

Dear Allie,

Thank you for your question. I noticed it has been three years since your inquiry, so I thought it prudent to update the answer. In general the same rules apply. Geographical area is usually what dictates price. But, now that more advanced techniques have become available, prices are subject to increase. One such technique is the Ultimate Breast Lift which reshapes and anchors the newly formed breast mound to achieve longevity of the lift. There is no vertical scar which inherently weakens the skin envelope and the UBL provides upper pole fullnes without the need for a breast implant. Other technical advances have made plastic surgery aesthetically more desirable and thus more costly.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Breast Lift in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills

Cost of breast lift in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills varies widely depending on many factors including the surgeons experience, extent of breast lift, and use of different type implants. Typically in los angeles and beverly hills breast lift surgery cost goes from $7500 to $15000.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

The cost for a breast lift (mastopexy) in San Diego

The cost for a breast lift (mastopexy) in San Diego is between $7500 and 8500.  This includes the anesthesia and operating room in a private clinic.  If were to be done in the hospital, add $10,000.

Gary H. Manchester, MD (retired)