Can Thermage Be Used for Sagging and Excess Skin on the Breast Area?

Thermage For Breast Lift

+2

Thermage can cause mild skin tightening and can be used for temporary improvement of wrinkles but has no practical application for breast lift.  The changes would be minimal and short lasting.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thermage would be inappropriate

+2

The only ways to tighten loose breast skin are with a breast lift if the nipple has drifted south or with an implant if the nipple areola are still up in a youthful position.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Surgery Is Your Best Option For Excess Skin

+1
Unfortunately, the only way to treat excess skin of the breast is some type of breast lift.Thermage would not be expected to have any significant long lasting effects on the breast skin.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for sagging breast.

+1

The equation for droop is too much skin and not enough breast tissue.  Sometimes we put in an implant.  Sometimes we take away skin, (Mastopexy).  Sometimes we do both.  This allows proper nipple placement and restoration of upper pole fullness if desired.  Thermage is not the instrument to use for significant breast droop.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Thermage or laser for breast droopiness or breast lift

+1

I would not advise you to undergo Thermage for any sizable improvement in breast droopiness.  A true breast lift will address skin excess, nipple position, and volume differentials.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Thermage for Breast Lifting

+1

Short answer is NO....best and most dramatic (and reliable) results are achieved with a Mastopexy or breast lift procedure. Excess skin is removed and the breast tissue is rotated and elevated to a higher position on the chest wall therefore rejuvenating the shape of the breast and the position of the Nipple Areolar Complex (NAC).

Sure, Thermage can be used for sagging and excess skin on the breast, but I can almost guarantee you that your results will be minimal (if your goals are to rejuvenate your breasts).

I do recommend you seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to consult with....he or she will evaluate your breasts, the sagging of the skin and breast tissue, and give you the best advice.

Hope this helps!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Thermage to correct sagging breasts

+1

The best method to correct excess, sagging skin of the breasts is by performing some type of surgical lift. Thermage may have its merits in other applications but may not be of much value to improve the appearance of sagging breasts.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Thermage will not improve sagging breast skin.

+1

Since the appearance of Thermage, this technology has been looking for problems that may help. Thermage may require multiple sessions and claims to tighten skin. However, it will have little to no effect on the shape of the breast or the skin of the breast. Your best bet is to save your money and discuss options that are safe and effective with a board-certified plastic surgeon. There are many options available today to improve the shape and appearance of your breasts. If you are interested in a small change, there are surgical techniques that limiting incisions just around the areola that can produce a significant change you will be happy with.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Thermage doesn't work for sagging breasts.

+1

Thermage doesn't work, in my opinion, on anything but expecially on sagging breasts.  There are sometimes options to a formal breast lift but Thermage is not one of them.

Thermage won't work on breast

+1

It is debatable as to whether Thermage tightens anything on the face that lasts. It is not a "tried and true" cure for skin laxity. I would not recommend it particularly on the breast.

Best Regards.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon