Atrophic Lesions After Infini Radiofra from Lutronic Company,earliest Fat Transfer? Roacutane Help?

Hi, I am 39 y female,was with perfect skin only seeking little tightening. I had one session of infini radiofrequncy by lutronic company done 6weeks ago, now atrophic lesions developed over forehead, nose ,cheeks and chin, lesions are whitish incolor and have same shape of the machine handpiece , volume loss is evident all over face What is earliest time for fat tansfer ? Can it be done to correct nose and forehead lesions? Dose roacutane help? Some advised prp but Will it help? I am scared

Fat Atrophy Treatments

+3

Fat atrophy can be treated with fat grafting after dermal changes have stabilized, but other modalities can be used on the skin after the fat grafting to help with skin pigmentation changes.  Alot of therapy is dependent upon current skin pigmentation.

Fat Atrophy after RF Treatment

+2

It sounds like you are experiencing dermal thinning or fat atrophy following your recent treatment.  I would agree that fat transfer would  likely be the best treatment for your problem.  This is a procedure that has relatively few risks if performed correctly, and the long term effect of fat will  be very beneficial.  Poly Lactic Acid injections may also be of some benefit, as these injections restore collagen which may have been damaged by the procedure as well.  Either way, your physician  should report this to the company so that risks data can be compiled regarding the device. 

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat loss after Skin Procedure

+2

I have performed fat transfers on many patients in your situation ranging from a few months to a few years after the procedure but I do not know the optimal time. My inclination is that earlier is better.  I have treated patients with associated scarring using stem cell enhancement with the fat - adipose derived regenerative cells are isolated from extra fat and injected into the scarred areas along with the fat transfer.  There are no studies on this approach and it would be considered experimental work but I have some happy patients. I cannot give you any insight into the pigment changes.  You should make sure that this complication is reported by your doctor to the company.

Mark Glasgold, MD
Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision treatments

+1

I'm sorry you seem to have had a difficult experience.  Fat grafting, as well as other modalities can help with all of the issues you describe.  Your next move should be to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation- without a physical exam, you are unlikely to get too much accurate information.  Ask about fat and fillers, skin treatments and ultrasound therapy.  I think you will be happy in the end.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Skin damage after radiofrequency treatment

+1

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

• It sounds as though you have dermal atrophy and loss of pigmentation
  • I suggest that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to evaluated the damage.
  • Peels and therapeutic strength skin care including tretinoin (Retin A) may be what you need. 
  • There are many cosmetic machines being promoted by companies and used by non-medical personel. When in doubt, see a physician - first.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD