Asymmetrical Face Exercises

The right side of my face is higher than the other And I heard that doing facial exercises can help fix facial asymmetry but im not sure what exercises to do so if you could recommend some facial exercises that will help fix my face and make it more symmetrical that will really help

Asymmetrical face exercises

+1

We all have facial asymmetry to some degree, and there can be a number of reasons as to why you may be experiencing obvious asymmetry. In general, facial asymmetry may be due to the following:

1) Genetic predisposition
 2) Muscle atrophy in a given area
 3) Facial nerves

Facial exercises will not likely help, and an in-person assessment would be advised to determine how you may improve asymmetry that may be more noticeable. I hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric face exercises

+1

I too have heard this.  But that does not mean that these exercises will work.  I would keep an open mind but be aware of the fact that this may not resolve the problem.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Face Exercises

+1

Hi.  I don't think that facial exercises will help with your asymmetry.  I have done unilateral facelifts for patients with facial paralysis, but I don't think that excercises will work for you. 

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not going to help

+1

You should come in for a consultation here at the Boriscosmetic Center in Los Angeles. There are a few things that we can probably do to make you feel more confident. If you are not in the area we can also do a virtual consultation. Let us know. Good luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Exercises for facial assymetry

+1

If you have an asymmetry after a facelift I would see your plastic surgeon to determine the cause. In general asymmetry cannot be helped by facial exericizes

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Facial Exercises for Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question. In terms of asymmetry, facial exercises will not likely correct differences in tissue placement (one side higher than the other, etc.).  However, if you have a slight nerve weakness after a facelift, and this is causing some asymmetry, exercises can be helpful in some cases.  Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Face Exercises

+1

Exercises won't correct facial asymmetries.  I would recommend seeing a Plastic Surgeon to determine what is causing the asymmetry.  Once you know what is causing the asymmetry, then you will be able to go over options for correction.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Exercises to fix facial asymmetry?

+1

Dear Leilani,

Thank you for your question.  Facial exercises probably won't have any real or lasting effect on your facial asymmetry.  There are a lot of surgical and non-surgical procedures that can.  If there is a problem with volume, i.e. one side of your face has a more prominent cheek or jaw than the other, then fat grafting, fillers, or implants can help.  If one side of your face is lower or sags more than the other, various types of lifts, as in face lift, brow lift, eyelid lift, etc. can help.  

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Exercises for facial asymmetry

+1

Thank you for asking about facial exercises for asymmetry.

1. Facial exercises won't correct facial asymmetry,
  2. The question is - what is the cause of your asymmetry.
  3. It might be complex, e.g. bone structure, or simple - over activity of a few facial muscles.
  4. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and see if together you can find a cause and treatment for your asymmetry. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Exercises for facial asymmetry

+1

I am not aware of any facial exercises that can help to correct facial asymmetry.  You describe a problem with one side of your face being higher than the other.  I'm not sure if you feel the entire face is higher or just that the cheeks are higher.  There definitely are some surgical and non-surgical options that can help to make a face more symmetric, but you would need to be seen in order to determine if you might be a candidate for treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon