After Rhinoplasty Got It Bumped 3 Weeks After. Tip is Very Crooked and Eyes Got Black and Blue? (photo)

Maas bent over and daughter stood up and hit my nose just three weeks after I got a rhinoplasty. My eyes immediately turned purple underneath. Tip is visibly crooked to the right now. Is this from the hit or just swelling? Will I need a revision done. It's more swollen now and even more painful. I do feel one bump on the top in the middle of the dorsem.

Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

Trauma to the nose three weeks after rhinoplasty that was severe enough to cause bruising could have damaged work that was done on the inside.  There is nothing to do now except wait for all swelling to resolve, a process that can take as long as 6 months.  Chances are you will be fine, but check with your surgeon and get regular follow-ups with photos so you can see how things are maturing.  The likelihood that you did damage that needs to be repaired is low.

Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend following up with your surgeon to evaluate any trauma this close to your rhinoplasty procedure.  The likelihood is that all is OK but this is difficult to say from one set of photos.  Inadvertant trauma is always possible but try to minimize risk of your nose being his for at least the first 8 to 12 weeks after surgery.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Check with your surgeon

+1

Hello. I would recommend you see your surgeon just to be sure everything is ok. The pictures do not seem to be bad however so additional surgery may not be needed.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

+1

Go see your surgeon. But I must say the result looks good to me in the posted photos. DO NOT have any more trauma to the nose for the next 3 months! 

Rhinoplasty and trauma

+1

I think it would be best for you to see your surgeon to make sure everything is ok.  Can't really say from the photos.

Bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

You really need to see your own surgeon about this as soon as you can. Only he/she can reliably assess you and either alleviate or act on your concerns.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injury after rhinoplasty

+1

The only advice I would give you is to see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  In all liklihood there is nothing wrong but better to be safe than sorry for months to come.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Injury soon after rhinoplasty

+1

Generally, by three to four weeks after rhinoplasty, trauma or bumps will bruise the nose, but things are stuck enough not to shift. If you do see a shift, you should see your surgeon right away as he may wish to tape or splint your nose to protect what he has done.