How much of an area can be covered from one milliliter syringe of Juvéderm Ultra Plus?

How much of an area can be covered for one millaliter syringe of Juvéderm Ultra Plus

How much area can be covered with a syringe of Juvederm?

+1
If you are looking for a significant change you need to make sure the area that is of concern has enough product to correct. If you distribute one syringe to multiple areas chances are that you will not get desired results as you would need more syringes.  I would advise that you book a consultation with an experienced injector ,that way you will know how much juvederm is needed to meet your expectations.

+1
The real question is what areas are treated and how much of a correction is desired.  You can spread one syringe out as much as desired but the effects would be much less dramatic.  My advice for patients is to treat areas of concern with the appropriate amount of filler or limit the areas so that you will actually see an improvement.  Suboptimal treatment in many areas is not as ideal as optimal treatment in a few areas in my opinion.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

How much Juvederm in a syringe?

+1
Actually you can't cover all that much area with a single syringe.  The content is 1 ml which is only 20 drops, so for young people it may do both folds or one half in each lip, for older patients it does not go very far.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Richmond, Virginia

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Juvederm

+1
Thank you for your question. This is a difficult one to answer because it depends on the area being treated.  Usually one syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus can fill in shallow nasolabial folds but if you have deep lines or a lot of volume loss to the face then one syringe will not be enough.  Usually people need minimum of two syringes per treatment.  Good luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

How far does 1 Syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus go

+1
It really depends on how much correction is needed and where. Results can also vary depending on the depth of product placement as well as location of the face. Most patients require anywhere from 1-4 syringes, and sometimes even more depending on amount of volume loss. 

1 syringe is 1cc which isn't a lot when placed under skin. Speak to your provider about the results you are looking for to estimate the amount of filler you will need. 

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
This really depends on which area is being treated and how much volume needs to be added to create the correction that you are looking for. The greatest risk of dermal fillers is under-treatment. Most people who are disappointed by their filler treatments have not received enough volume and therefore don't see the results that they are looking for. Overtreatment in skilled hands is very uncommon. In my own Denver practice, I have found that most patients require somewhere between 1-3 syringes for complete correction of an area of the face. This does vary though based on the area and amount of volume loss or depth of the line/ fold that is bring filled.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon