I have a large hard lump in the middle of my top lip from Juvederm. Will it soften up over time? If so, how long? (photo)

I had a small scar on my top lip (almost in the middle) filled in with lip augmentation. After the procedure I was extremely bruised and swollen all over my lips for 10 days. I did not get full feeling back into my top lip for at least 5 days. Also, the procedure was extremely painful. I had topical anesthesia, but it was only left on for 5 minutes before the doctor performed the procedure. I believe the doctor way over filled one side of my top lip and they are crooked now.

Lump after filler

+1
I will suggest seeing your provider for further evaluation. If overfilled product is the case, he/she can inject  hyaluronidase to dissolve some of the product that was injected. 

Injection to dissolve filler

+1
If the asymmetry isn't gone yet, an injection of a HA dissolving agent can be used.  Often an early lump is from a hematoma and will resolve over a week or two  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

I have a large hard lump in the middle of my top lip from Juvederm. Will it soften up over time? If so, how long?

+1
options are allow body's metabolism to degrade the filer over 9 months or inject HA dissolver at an expense..