I have a large hard lump in the middle of my top lip from Juvederm. Will it soften up over time? If so, how long? (photo)

I had a small scar on my top lip (almost in the middle) filled in with lip augmentation. After the procedure I was extremely bruised and swollen all over my lips for 10 days. I did not get full feeling back into my top lip for at least 5 days. Also, the procedure was extremely painful. I had topical anesthesia, but it was only left on for 5 minutes before the doctor performed the procedure. I believe the doctor way over filled one side of my top lip and they are crooked now.

Lump after Juvederm

If you still have the lump 4 weeks after your lip filler, i would return to your doctor to have the lump dissolved with hyaluronidase. 

Injection to dissolve filler

If the asymmetry isn't gone yet, an injection of a HA dissolving agent can be used.  Often an early lump is from a hematoma and will resolve over a week or two  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Lump after filler

I will suggest seeing your provider for further evaluation. If overfilled product is the case, he/she can inject  hyaluronidase to dissolve some of the product that was injected. 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

I have a large hard lump in the middle of my top lip from Juvederm. Will it soften up over time? If so, how long?

options are allow body's metabolism to degrade the filer over 9 months or inject HA dissolver at an expense..