Silikon 1000 and Hydrogel Filler for Butt Augmentation

I'm a 25 yr old mom of a son. I'm 5'5 120lbs and I wear a size 5 pants. I have a nice size rear but I wish for behind to be rounder and filler. I don't want to consider the butt implants. What is there for me to use?

Fillers for buttock augmentation not advisable

+5

I would HIGHLY advise against fillers (especially Silikon) for buttock augmentation.

The volume required would necessitate hundreds of injections. This much silicone would likely result in foreign body granulomas which would be nearly impossible to remove. Furthermore the cost of this would be prohibitive.

The better option would be to use your own body fat if available in sufficient quantity.

Fillers for buttock augmentation

+3

Please, please, please - do NOT have injections of fillers of any kind to your buttocks, whether its silicone, hydrogel or something else.  Not only have there been fatal complications from these procedures (Miss Argentina, for one), there is no FDA-approved filler for this use.

Either use a fat transfer technique, or a solid silicone FDA-approved buttock implant.

Your safety is the #1 concern.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Advise against fillers for Buttock Augmentation

+3

My father and I are the world's leaders in using liquid injectable silicone as a filler. Combined, we have been doing silicone for over 40 years. I believe it is the best filler in the hands of a well-trained expert. However, I do not recommend using ANY KIND OF FILLER for buttock augmentation. I do not think you will have natural-looking results.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Buttock Enhancement

+3

Thanks for your question -

There is no safe FDA approved filler for buttock augmentation in the United States that I am aware of.

In our San Francisco area practice we have been using autologous fat grafting with excellent results. This means we perform liposuction and transfer that fat to your buttocks. Patients can have dramatic permanent improvement.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with this technique. Good luck.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Fillers for Buttock Augmention

+2

Fillers for buttock augmentation pose two potential major problems: 1) cost prohibitive - if the surgeon is using an authentic medical grade filler than the cost for any significant result will be $150,000.00+ and 2) high rate of  complications - such as infection, movement/migration of the material, and/or hardening of the material.  Best to stick with either Fat Transfer, which based upon your ht and wt is not an option (i.e. you do not have enough fat to harvest for transfer to the buttock) or Buttock Implants which can actually create very safe and satisfying results but only when done by a surgeon very experienced in the technique.  Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon whom does both procedures so that you receive a professional unbiased consultation.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Fillers for buttock augmentation??

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift (liposuction of your lower back, waist, abdomen, etc, and injection of this fat into your buttocks) is a SAFE, effective buttock augmentation technique. I STRONGLY suggest you avoid any alternative injections (I have seen men and women with liquid silicone injected into their buttocks with HORRIBLE results and complications, wounds, infections, etc).

If you're interested in buttock augmentation surgery, I suggest you visit with an experienced Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEON.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

How about a brazilian butt lift?!

+1

Everyone wants a high, round, full, and sexy behind. However, because of age, genetics, pregnancy, weight loss, or weight gain, many women and men are left with a flat, square, or saggy derrière. Fortunately, there is a way to correct this… Originating in South America, the“Brazilian Butt Lift,” is one of the newest and most popular aesthetic surgery procedures now being performed in the United States.

The “Brazilian Butt Lift,” or gluteal lift/augmentation is a procedure designed to improve the shape and appearance of the gluteal region. This surgery uses a combination of liposuction and fat grafting (i.e. fat injections with the patient’s own fat) to produce a fuller, firmer, more youthful-appearing buttocks.

Schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in performing this procedure for best results. Good luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Fat transfer or implants are your best options for buttock augmentation

+1

If you don't want to consider buttock implants, then fat transfer ("brazilian butt lift") is another option. However, with your height and weight, you may not have enough excess fat to build a full, round buttock.  In that case, you're right back to considering implants.

Fillers do not have a good role in buttock augmentation and are fraught with problems.  I wouldn't chance it.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Never inject silicone into your tissues

+1

The era of silicone injections into tissue is far past and we have learned by sad experience that it is very bad for your tissues and long term damage. The only acceptable substance for buttocks injections for augmentation is fat.

I agree with you that butt implants are not right because I have only seen people want to get them out after several years. Discuss this with a plastic surgeon only and then decide what is best for.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon