Approximate Cup Size for 339cc Breast Implants on B Cups?

I am 5'5", 118 pounds, 32b cup. I'm considering 339cc or 371cc Allergan Mid profile smooth round Breast implants, and I will be going under the muscle.

I want to look natural. I know from reading these questions that I can't get hung up on cup size, but could you approximate what size I will be?

Also, why do some doctors say you lose volume going under the muscle and others say you don't lose anything?

Estimating bra cup size after breast augmentation

+2

Hi Govswife - It sounds like you may be a large C/small D cup after getting the implants that you described. Right after the surgery, you will be swollen for about 4-6 weeks so your cup size may come down some. If you really want to know, place some implant samples in your bra or different bras to see how big you will be. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

339cc Breast Implants

+2

While it is difficult to nail down the exact breast cup size, you probably will be in the "D" cup range for the volume you are adding to your present "B" cup.

339 cc breast implants should give you about a full C cup

+2

371 cc will start to push you into the small "D" cup which might look less natural and more "implanted". If you are trying to have a natural look I would suggest the smaller of the sizes. Of course it is a little difficult to say for sure without seeing you in person but that is just a generalization.

As far as losing volume when under the muscle, I don't know why some doctors have said that. If you are trying on implants inside of a bra, you can expect the size to be a little larger compared to after they are implanted, but there should not be a difference in volume between under and in front of the muscle placement.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Use a sizer for approximating breast implant size

+2

It sounds to me that you would end up in the range of a full C-cup, but this is really not as important as whether or not you are happy with the size and shape of your breasts with this implant. Remember that cup size is subjective and in fact you can find different brands of bras with cup sizes ranging from B to D that will literally fit the same size breast. It is most important to be pleased with the general form of your body rather than getting hung up on the size of implant or the cup size of the bra. Make sure you try sizers to approximate how the implants will look under clothes, an remember that the final outcome is usually a bit smaller than the sizers make you appear.

When implants are placed into the body, the tissue that drapes over them has thickness itself, and in the interface just next to the augmented area, the thickness of the overlying tissue remains. What this means is that the difference in thickness between the augmented breast and the adjacent tissue is less significant that if you were to measure the implant projection against, let's say, a table top on which the implant lies. This difference can give the impression of a loss of volume. In fact, there is no difference in volume, just a more gradual slope when implants are placed below the muscle. This is a more natural shape, and is associated with a lower incidence of capsular contracture as well--a good place for your implants, in my opinion.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Predicitng cup size

+2

Given that the volume you describe is about 1.5 cup sizes and given that 32 band width bras go up faster in cup size, I will guess you might fit into a 32 D after.  

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Bra size estimation

+2

With your height and weight as well as the 32 band size on your bra you will get a distinct increase in your bra cup size with the implants that you have chosen. I think it is a good choice by the information you gave me. With a 32 band size the cup size goes up quickly so you could easily be a D size cup with the implants. If you used a 34 band size then you might stay a full C. This is my estimation by what you have shared.

Another thing to consider is the base width of the implants and the base width of your breasts. Try to match the sizes as close as possible and use a high profile implant if you need to. This will help the natural look you are trying to achieve.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Best guess

+2

My best guess is that you will be around a full C cup. Obviously, you are going with silicone which gives a softer and smaller appearing breast compared to saline implants. When you augment the breast they get larger, regardless of over vs. under. Given the same implant however, under the muscle may or may not appear a bit smaller, but in my opinion, the benefits of going under the muscle outweigh the negatives.

You are right not to hang up on cup size as bra sizing in not standard. The thing to shoot for is that you love your look.

sek

Cup size

+2

You will probably by a high C, low D cup BUT remember it is not the cup size that matters, its the look. I find that one of the best ways to determine the right size implants are as follows:

1. Have the patient try on the implants in a stretch bra with a clingy top to obtain the look they want (if you want a "C" cup put on a "C" cup bra)
2. Have the patient show the doctor pictures of how they want to look
3. The surgeon should be able to put that information together to determine a general grouping of implant sizes and styles. He will consider the size of the breast and the chest in his analysis. He should also tell you the positives and negatives of going larger or smaller.

You don't really lose volume under the muscle but theoretically there is more external pressue on the implant's upper pole so they don't look as prominent.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Determining Breast Cup Size after Augmentation

+1
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will get you the results you desire without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,