I Have Angular Cheilitis but Only Dark Brown Spots and Fine Paper Cuts, What Can I Do? (photo)

I have a mild version of angular cheilitis or irritant contact dermatitis due to saliva. No peeling no bleeding only burning sensation. It is simply dark brown if I apply Vasline I don't even see paper cuts. But I can't get rid of these spots. I applied hydroquinone 4, Nystatin and Desonide but no effect not even a bit. I am curious can I apply Salicylic or TCA on these spots and just a peeling effect to get rid of the upper dark skin? I did have a peeling before but it came back on new skin.

Don't manage your angular cheilitis yourself

+1

Sometimes the best thing to do is get professional assistance. See a board-certified dermatologist. There are a number of reasons a person can have angular cheilitis. Address the underlying cause first and the dark spots will fade on their own or respond more readily to treatment. Good luck!

I would recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist.

+1

Sometimes medical issues are beyond simple home remedies.  I would recommend that you seek the help of a dermatologist for assistance with this issue.  I agree that you need help for these pigmented areas.