After Invisalign Treatment Will My Teeth Revert Back To Pre-Tx?

After treatment will it come back to its orginial position ? are there any chances of being more worst than before? Can i eat as usual?

Will my teeth "relapse"

+3

No matter if you straighten your teeth with braces or with Invisalign, they will always want to relapse back.  More at first, less as time goes by, but the only safe bet is to wear some type of retainer at night forever!

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Post Invisalign movement

+2

As mentioned by all the doctors,  some type of retainer is needed  to prevent relapse of tooth movements.  There are many types of retainers including wires that can be attached to the back of the anterior teeth to hold them in place.  Also all types of plastic retainers can be worn at night to hold the teeth in place and these include very thin vivera retainers from Invisalign that must be replaced every so often.  Discuss this well with your dentist before you start and as you are getting ready to finish.  I tell all my patients that the only way to keep their teeth from moving sometime in their life is to wear some type of retainer for the rest of their life. 

Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

All orthodontic treatment requires retainers

+2

While teeth likely will not revert all the way back to where they started, if a person does not wear a retainer after orthodontics (Invisalign or brackets and wires) teeth will not stay put.  Once teeth are straight, the improved alignment should result in better chewing, so you should be able to eat as usual.

Chance of being worse that before?  Not likely.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth move back after invisalign

+2

Yes, your teeth will return to their original state once you are finished with your invisalign treatment unless you wear some type of retainer indefinitely.  This is true of any type of orthodontic treatment.  You should not be worse off than when you started as long as no permanent alteration of the shape of your teeth was made.  After your treatment is finished, there may be a few months of "settling in" of your teeth where your bite may not feel comfortable or natural, but you can still eat as usual without harming anything.  Just be sure to wear your retainers faithfully!

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Retention is very important so as to avoid orthodontic replase.

+2

When we move teeth either with Invisalign or with normal braces, the teeth have a tendency to want to move back to their original position.  This is why long term retention is very important.  You must discuss the retention options with your doctor before starting the treatment.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Will I have relapse after invisalign

+2

Relapse occurs if you do not wear your retainers.  At the completion of your invisalign your dentist should make retainers for you.  In my office I recommend my patients wear their retainers all the time for about 6 months and then indefinitely thereafter.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Will teeth revert back after invisalign orthodontics?

+2

If you do not wear retainers after orthodontic treatment your teeth will move or shift. In most cases the movement will not return to its original condition and will not get worse. The goal of orthodontics is to align the teeth into an ideal position to allow for proper function and esthetics. When this is done you can expect your teeth look and feel great with an opportunity for you to take better care of them. You will want to wear your retainers nightly to keep your smile looking and feeling its best!

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist