How Soon After Blepharoplasty (Upper&lower) and Fillers (Nasolobial Folds/cheeks) and Botox Can You Do Chemical Peel?

I am currently 12 weeks after blepharoplasty and plan on doing fillers and botox within days from now. How soon after fillers and botox would you do chemical peel? thank you!

Waiting for chemical peel

+2

In my practice I choose to wait 2 weeks between surgical procedures like blepharoplasty and full face or deep chemical peels.  That is just my preference as I don't want any additional inflammation from the peel to interfere with the healing of the blepharoplasty.  However, I don't think it is unsafe to combine botox and fillers with a chemical peel at the same time.

Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Theoretically the same time

+2

There is no scientific study that looks at the question you are asking. Theoretically, since the botox and fillers are working/injected into deeper layers, a peel would not affect those results.

Some surgeons/physicians may be more conservative however, and want to wait a week to be safe.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty, Peels, Laer, Fillers, Botox Cosmetic

+1
Depending upon the nature the the skin resurfacing treatment you may be considering, timing typically isn't critical from a medical/surgical perspective.  

However, if you are a smoker or have other medical conditions, then the type of skin treatment may be more of a consideration.

Overall however, it probably doesn't make a big difference.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and Chemical Peel - Need to Separate Them?

+1

Fillers, particularly some of the HA derivatives and Belotero, can be injected very superficially.  If this has been done, then chemical peel should be delayed.

Time Frame between procedures

+1

The procedures of botox and fillers are injected deep to the skin.  Unless the filler is injected within the dermis a chemical peel would not affect those procedures and could be done at anytime.  If there was any bruising or other superficial effects from the fillers or botox I would wait until it resolved.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peel after other procedures

+1

You quite possibly could have had a chemical peel of your face at the same time as your blepharoplasty.  At twelve weeks after surgery, it sounds reasonable as well. Best to ask your doctor.

Chemical Peels after Dermal Fillers and BOTOX®

+1

Dr. Amandi is correct that there is no scientific data on that topic.  A conservative approach is the rule of thumb.  I would wait 7-10 days.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS