Why Do I Have to Wait 6 Months to Get Laser Hair Removal After Accutane, but Only 1 Month to Get Pregnant?

I know all of the "official" literature says that 1 is long enough to be off accutane before getting pregnant. Why is it that you aren't supposed to have any type of skin treatment for six months to a year afterward, but you can get pregnant just 1 month later?

Long term effects of Accutane

+1

Accutane and its generics are out of your blood stream very fast, so the drug can no longer injure a growing fetus. It has long term effects on the sebaceous glands (several months), unrelated to blood levels. This effect may cause delayed healing after laser treatments. Better safe than sorry.

New Orleans Dermatologist