Once I Achieve the Growth I Want, Can I Go on a Maintenance Schedule and Only Use It Every Other Day or Once or Twice a Week?

Twice a Week for Latisse Maintenance

+1

After you have achieved your lash potential, you can switch to a twice weekly maintenance schedule.  --

Maintenance for Latisse

+1

Yes, once you are happy with the length and thickness of your lashes you can use Latisse just a few times a week instead of every night.

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse Use

+1

After week 16, you'll see the full effect of Latisse solution. After that, you can talk to your doctor about ongoing use. Generally, a maintenance schedule such as the one you mentioned should be sufficient to maintain your lashes. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Maintenance of the Use of Latisse

+1

Yes, you can use it as maintenance once you have achieved your desired length. Usually the maintenance dose is twice a week, or on the weekends. I hope this helps.

Leslie M. Sims, MD
Las Vegas Ophthalmologist

Hello

+1

Once you reach your goal you can do it twice a week, for maintenance. Your doctor should have gone over the instructions with you. Make sure you call them.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Latisse and Maintenance Dosing

+1

My staff, all of whom have long wonderful eyelashes after using Latisse, recommend initial use of the product daily for about the first 8-10 weeks, then switching to a twice weekly maintenance dose once the full effect of the product has shown itself(about 8-12 weeks). This is a great way to keep the effect of Latisse going, but lower the cost of using it. This is the way we instruct all of our patients to use Latisse, so.....go for it!

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Maintenance schedule for Latisse

+1

Initially, Latisse is gently applied daily along the base of the upper eyelashes. After three or four months, Latisse can be used much less frequently to maintain longer, thicker lashes.  I recommend to my patients that they continue application of Latisse twice weekly for as many years as they wish to continue to have longer eyelashes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse maintenance

+1

Yes, absolutely you can do Latisse maintenance. I usually recommend my patients use it 2-3 times a week after they've achieved the growth they want. And if you notice your growth is changing, you can increase it to every other day or so.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Yes.

+1

Absolutely. That is actually how I recommmend use of Latisse. There are some preliminary information that has recently been reported that long term use of bimataprost, the generic name for the drug, as an eye drop for glaucoma [its original indication] can cause eye socket fat atrophy.

So as a precaution, even though Latisse application is a much lower concentration of the drug, I recommend the smallest dose possible to achieve the desired result.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes

+1

The answer is yes. Many of my patients do just that. However, the way you alter your regimen is totally up to you and will vary from person to person. Give it a try

David A. Bray, Sr., MD