Options to Remove an Eyebrow Piercing Scar?

I've done scar revision for my eyebrow piercing scar using the cut and stitch procedure. However, the scar worsened and became deeper and longer than before. It looks like a long deep big hole. It didn't get minimized at all. Is there any other procedure that might help? Please advise. Thank you.

Remove eyebrow piercing scar

+1

The best advice I can offer is that you may have to excise it over again.  It usually works on the first go around. Hope this helps answer our question.

Dr. Nassif

Removing eyebrow piercing scar

+1

It is not quite clear from your posting WHO did your procedure and what the "cut and stitch procedure" really was.

A piercing, by definition has a tunnel with mature skin lining. To collapse the tunnel, all the lining has to be removed and the walls have to be brought together while scar binds everything together.

I suggest you search our society's website www.PlasticSurgery.org for a real Plastic surgeon and see what he/she can do for you.

Good Luck.

Scar revision is not scar removal

+1

At this point, the only thing you can do is try it again but with a real plastic surgeon if the first one wasn't.  Remember that scar revision is not scar removal.  Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Best scar revision for piercing scars

+1

Piercing scars have two components that make them difficult to treat. First, the tract may be epithelialized and second, there may be dehiscence of the underlying tissue. The goal of treatment would be to remove the epithelialized tract and perform an layered closure. I perform these regularly in my office.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS