How to Prevent Facial Fat Loss While Losing Weight?

I am a 28 year old female. I measure 5 feet and 7.5 inches tall and weigh 152 lbs. I want to lose 15 pounds to look better anatomically, but because I have a very firm facial bone structure. I'm afraid of looking older if I lose weight.

I was wondering, if I lose 15 pounds in the course of 6 months, would that be helpful for preventing facial fat loss? Also, I am concerned about losing fat around the eye sockets.

Facial fat loss

+2

Ahh! This is an excellent qeustion and one we wish we knew the answer to solving. There are certain conditions and medications that are associated with a disproportionate amount of facial fat loss. When we learn why this happens, we may be better able to control it but at this time the answer eludes us.

Facial Fat Loss While Losing Weight

+1
There is no special technique or way to prevent facial fat loss it depends on the anatomy, genes etc.

There are various factors that contribute some people have thinner facial skin which are usually the people who tend to have higher risk of loosing facial fat and having saggy skin. But all in all it comes down to your type of skin and genetics you would have to be evaluated to see what type of skin you have any maybe take some measures but there is no specific way or anything to do to avoid it.

Luis Suarez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How to prevent facial fat loss while losing weight?

+1

You can't influence fat loss in one area over another.

As far as losing fat around the eye sockets - that is not exactly what really happens there. With aging the cheek as a unit begins drooping and stops providing cover to the lower lid. As a result, not only is the lower rim of the eye socket revealed, but some of the fat inside the eye socket (around and under the globe) get pulled out creating the visible fullness we see in older lower lids. This process cannot be stopped either.

But, cheer up - a lot of these features can be corrected with cosmetic surgery.

Weight loss from the face

+1

Everybody has their own genetic code as to where they gain and lose weight first. You probably already know yours at this point in your life. All we can suggest is that you lose the weight until you like your body and then assess your face. Your strong bone structure will help you drape tha skin to not look loose but you might need some fillers if you see some folds develop. Just don't stay overweight to help your face because you will age poorly later from doing this.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS