Do Personal Finance Programs Exist in Plastic Surgery?

I just underwent a horrible divorce where my credit was hit hard. A line of credit is out of the question. Are there any other options with the exception of pre-pay?

You are wise in saving up for the elective surgery. Generally speaking, It is always in patient's best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses. Overall, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery. Best wishes.

Financing plastic surgery

Thanks for the question -

Carecredit is one of the more popular financing programs for plastic surgery.  They will take your credit history into account however.

Good luck!

Payment plans and plastic surgery

Most surgeons require payment up front for surgery. This can be in the form of credit cards, cash, bank checks, or through finance companies. I know of no surgeon that will finance you via a payment plan to their office.