Microdermabrasion for Birthmarks?

I have lots of birthmarks at the back of my left leg and thigh. It's pink. Will Microdermabrasion work for me?

Microdermabrasion is not treatment of choice for birthmark

+1
If the lesion is truly a birthmark, micro dermabrasion, which is extremely superficial, will not be successful in removing the pigmentation. Stronger dermabrasion has its own risks and will not fully excise the lesion. I recommend an initial consultation with a dermatollgist for evaluation and then, if removal is indicated, referral to a plastic surgeon.

Microdermabrasion is usually a more superficial procedure

+1

Birth marks usually have a deeper component within the skin. Microdermabrasion is a superficial type of treatment that is not usually done to remove birthmarks. However, if done aggressively with more suction and more passes you can make the microdermabrasion reach deeper. There are some microdermabrasion machines that are medical profession strength that can be used more aggressively. Lasers, actual excision of the mark, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion are other options.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon