Average Cost of Liposuction for Love Handles in or Around NYC?

I am 5'6 145 lbs. im fairly content with my stomach. The only bulges that never go away, no matter how much weight I lose, are the love handles. Everything else on my body is just fine. So how much would Liposuction cost just for one area (love handles)? I know outside of NYC might be cheaper. I am willing to travel to a near state. The picture of me is 18 lbs ago. But those love handles are still there. Slightly less. Just a little idea.

Compare costs very carefully

+1
Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

The prices can vary from state to state, and city to city. We charge for liposuction per area. The abdomen (upper and lower side to side) is one area. The waist (from the ribs to just above the buttocks from side to side around the back) is one area. The thighs (both inner and outer) is one area. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, garment, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months 6 months, and every year after forever, are listed below. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well. The cost per area does go down as you add more areas:

One area: cost per area around $5000. Two areas: cost per area round $3200. Three areas: cost per area around $2500

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! For instance, often the cost per area is quoted as lower, yet the abdomen is comprised of upper and lower, and sometimes even lateral areas (2 to 4 areas for the abdomen, instead we consider the entire abdomen one area) or the thighs are inner and outer (2 areas when we consider the thighs one area). Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Also check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results. Cost alone should not be the deciding factor.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Average Cost of Liposuction for Love Handles in or Around NYC

+1
The costs for cosmetic surgery follow the laws of demand and supply. Typically, fees in South Florida are less than expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles or in areas with fewer surgeons even though the quality can be excellent across the country.

To find the most cost effective board certified plastic surgeon while maintaining quality, search for surgeons who own their own nationally accredited surgical facility. The surgeon must maintain the highest standards to maintain national accreditation, has significant interest in ensuring that all the staff are the highest quality and trained in the specifics of each plastic surgery procedure, ensures that the facility is comfortable and private so patients are more inclined to recommend friends and family, and maintain the most cost effective structure possible which eliminates waste.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Top Liposuction in Los Angeles

+1

I would opt for an excellent plastic surgeon who can perform a meticulous liposuction procedure.  Opt for a board certified plastic surgeon, qualified staff, and a board certified anesthesiologist. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

The Cost of Love Handles

+1

The cost of love handles alone is around $3,000 but the reality is that this is rarely an isolated area. It's nearly impossible to treat the love handles without addressing the flanks and abdomen. It's all in concert with each other. Liposculpting verses Liposuction. I like the former. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Make sure you're comfortable with your surgeon

+1

The price ranges are pretty accurate.  Make sure you're comfortable with your surgeon.  See their results, etc.  While there's not a lot of after care with lipo, I'd be careful about traveling too far.  It is surgery and you should be close enough to get follow up easily when you need or want it.

Mario Loomis, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Pricing for liposuction

+1

There is a range of lipsuction fees from $3500 to $5000 or more, per area. Although you indicate that you are only interested in your love handles, you would need a consultation to evaluate your history and physical exam. Some facts may become evident during your consultation that might indicate you are at greater risk of complications. You may be asked to stop a medication that you currently take which itnterferes with the local anesthetic. Photographs will be taken and you may see that the love handles wrap around the back and more needs to be treated there, or you may also want your outer thighs done after the love handles are retreated. A definitive fee will be reached upon the conclusion of the consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Good candidate for liposuction of the flanks (love handles) !

+1

Hi.  It is not complicated.

In our office, the cost of liposuction of the love handles ( one area ) is :

Surgical fee   $3000

Accredited surgical suite   $1500

Board certified anesthesiologist  $650

Total  $5150

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Price of liposuction.

+1

As you know prices vary according to the surgeon, the length of the procedure and the difficulty of the procedure. I would agree that somewhere between $4000 and $6500 is reasonable but some surgeons could charge more, especially if this is their area of expertise. It is good to know the approximate cost but I would strongly caution you against making a decision based on price. This is your body and your life. Look for Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who are recommended to you. Interview several. Look at pictures. Pick the doctor because you think they are skilled and provide good patient care, not because they are the least expensive. You get what you pay for.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Liposuction of love handles

+1

Liposuction is a great way to go for isolated fatty deposits.  Fees vary from phsyician to phsyician.  Go to someone who can deliver a great result.  A good result can least a lifetime, but a bad result can be a lifetime of suffering.

Love handle liposuction

+1

Depending on what is actually seen on physical exam, and if the problem extends all the way around your back or not the length of the operation may vary which can alter the fee.

In general, fees vary depending on the expertise of the surgeon and as NYC is a mecca for cosmetic surgery, I think you would be foolish to travel elsewhere.

My guess from the photo is that the fee could vary from $4,000 to $6,500 See the video link below before making your decision and remember, this is one area in life where it pays to pay retail.

Darrick E. Antell, MD