Proper Age for Laser Treatment for Scars?

I am 13 and I have a scar in my face (left cheek,and lip). What age is appropiate to get a laser treatment to erase it completly?

Laser scar treatments

+1
Thank you for your question. Scars can be treated with a laser at almost any age. Your scar might respond well to laser treatment with the new ICON laser, which is a non-ablaitive laser and can be done without any surgery. This is an office procedure and typically requires 2-3 treatments over the course of 10-12 weeks. Nothing will "erase" the scar, but many patients see significant improvement with these treatments.
Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision when your growth has stabilized

+1

While laser may make this better, it will never erase it completely and that is very important to understand prior to undertaking any surgery or intervention. At your age, if you are still growing, I would dissuade you from undergoing any surgery until your grwoth has stabiliized (female estimation 16 years). Prior to that your healthy healing response could produce a hypertophic scar.