Does Invisalign Have an Upfront Lab Fee?

I just received a quote for Invisalign. The quote for the procedure seemed reasonable. Then the orthodontist said that there is an additional $2,000 upfront "lab" fee for Invisalign to customize my fit. Does this sound correct?

Invisalign charges the lab fee up front

+1

Invisalign Provides the Clincheck for free. So you can see the process of the treatments in advance. For the rest they have a flat fee , but your final fee depends on some other factors including duration of the aligners treatment .

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign gets paid as soon as the case is submitted

+1

The lab fee is posted to the doctors' account once a new case is submitted. This is probably why the doctor requested the payment at the beginning of treatment. 

Ryan Sellinger, DMD
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign does have a large lab fee

+1

It is charged up front, as all the aligners are created at once. This is probably the single biggest drawback to Invisalign, as it is a flat fee and 100% due at the initial onset.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist