Is 20 Years Old Too Young for Endoscopic Brow Lift?

I am 20 years old and have inherited droopy eyebrows. I think an endoscopic procedure could improve my appearance. Am I too young to undergo this type of procedure?

Is 20 too young for a brow lift?

+2

If your brows are low at 20, you may be a candidate for brow lift surgery. We tend to consider a brow lift to be a procedure to correct changes from aging, but some people have inherited a heavy brow look which is apparent even at a young age. If this is the case, a brow lift may open up your eyes in a very natural way. Don't hesitate to seek the advice of a plastic surgeon

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Browlift in 20 year old

+1
Hard to say without photos. Usually a browlift is not indicated in someone your age. If you do have the isuses that your describe, it may be worth checking out.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. He/she will see you with muscle movement. Together you will come up with a plan.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/forehead-lift-browlift

Brow Lift Options for Younger Patients

+1

Hi nina1717 in canada,

Generally, 20 is too young for any facelift surgery, including the eyebrow. Other nonsurgical aesthetic options to improve one's facial appearance at this age include such treatments as skin care, laser, light peels, or tretinoin.

Some younger patients may be born with lower eyebrow position, and desire a slightly elevated brow. Botox Cosmetic may be another nonsurgical option to consider to elevate the brows without plastic surgery.

Lastly, plastic surgery may be possible in younger patients. However, cosmetic surgery may not be the first option. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/brow-lift.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate Age for Browlift

+1

In general, no if you are female, and this procedure can correct the genetic appearance you describe. For men, because of the risk of progressive hair loss, I generally recommend waiting at least till around 28 to 30 years old.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic browlift and patient age

+1

At age 20, it is possible to have very low eyebrows, and a browlift could be entertained if the brows are congenitally extremely low at that age. It can be done through an open approach or an endoscopic approach depending upon your own facial features.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Age for Endoscopic Brow Lift

+1

An endocopic brow lift is appropriate whether the "droopy eyebrows" are secondary to the aging process or an inherited unwanted physical characteristic. Be sure to investigate all methods of brow lifting before making your final decision.

Brow Lift Age restriction

+1

Nina-

You have received some fantastic thread responses from my colleagues above! They are right, there is not a definitive age restriction or contraindication I am aware of for a brow lift. A brow lift corrects brow ptosis or sagging by repositioning the brow above the orbit or bony rim. It also, at least in my hands, inactivates the muscles between the brows that contribute to the dreaded "11's" or glabellar lines that many patients have treated with Botox or Dysport. It is a great operation in the right patient. Speak with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get all the information you need to make an educated decision!

Good Luck!

Dr. C

Endoscopic brow lift

+1

If it is truly genetic and the brows are low, it would be ok to go through with the procedure. Hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Botox Before Brow Lift, but no Botox to Forehead

+1

Although an endoscopic brow lift is an excellent procedure for brow ptosis of most causes, most patients choose to try Botox or Reloxin prior to undergoing a surgical procedure. Age should not factor into the decision process. I would not recommend Botox in your forhead as one of the other respondents to this question suggested. Forehead Botox will lead to additional brow ptosis.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic brow lift to reshape eye brows in even in youth

+1

Nina,

I would have to see a photo of your face and brows in order to determine if a brow lift would be of benefit. Most people having brow lifts are doing so due to sagging with age. There is a smaller subset of my patients who are born with brows that are low or shaped in a manner that is not as attractive to them.

I find that Botox injections can have a dramatic effect on lifting and reshaping eye brows. You may want to begin with Botox treatments to see how you like the new position of your brows.

Good luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.