Getting Back to Work After Lipoma Removal

I have a Lipoma on my wrist that I would like to have removed. It has grown and now is causing my finger tips to feel cold and tingling. How long will I be off work for something like this?

Lipoma?

+2

A mass at the wrist could be a lipoma or a cyst. If it becomes symptomatic as in your case consult your Plastic surgeon for appropriate diagnosis and proper treatment. If it is a cyst, the surgery is more involved and your time off work will be a bit longer, depending on the type of work you do.

Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you after a complete examination.

There are many Plastic surgeons who do hand surgery. Consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON.

Returning to work after Lipoma Removal depends on procedure done

+1

Returning to work depends on the size and location of the lipoma as well as the nature of “work.” In general, extreme exertion or work that would contaminate the surgical area with dirt such as digging ditches and should wait a week or two after initial healing has been established. In most cases, work that does not involve these factors can be resumed the day after the procedure is performed.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.