AA Cup to a C Cup with 300cc Silicone Implants?

I had 34AA initially. I'm 5'8", and 135 lbs. The doctor implanted 300cc silicone breast implants (sub muscular). I asked for C cups. Mind you I'm pretty flat. Post surgery I seem small. My breasts are the shapes of cones. Do you think that I will achieve C cups by what I began with and what was implanted? Is this what you would have implanted?

Cup size after breast augmentation

It is very difficult to determine cup size after breast augmentation. Happiness with your new look is the most important. A rule of thumb is 150-175cc for each cup size. You have to wait six months before you can determine your final size Keep in mind that cup sizes change depending on the bra brand. There is no standard. I use the Vectra 3D system so that you can visualize what your breast will look like before breast augmentation.

Cup size after breast augmentation

There is no standard bra sizing. What is a 34C at Victoria's Secret, is not at La Perla, Olga, Maidenform, etc. Also what you think is a 34C, may not be what I think is one, and may not really be a C at all- you may really want to be a D.

When getting measured for a bra, typical measuring for bra size is done at the point of maximum projection of the breast. If your breast implant is under the muscle, you need to let everything relax and settle before you will know your real bra cup size. The younger, tighter, and more muscular you are, the more you need to let them settle. It can take 6 months to a year.

I find the BEST way to decide what implant size is right for you is to try sizing implants. I have my patients do this at least twice in my office. Bring different clothes, particularly form fitting tops. This is the best preview you can have.

Sizing is a difficult issue. It is one you should spend a lot of time with your doctor on. Don't rush the decision.

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Final cup size after breast augmentation

It's hard to know with certainty what your final cup size will be. As you undoubtedly know, not all C-cups are equal. For example, a C cup at Victoria's Secret may be a B cup at another store. The final cup size is also influenced by breast height and width, and this is influenced by the type of silicone implant your surgeon selected.

That being said, given your height and weight, my suspicion is that you'll end up somewhere between a B and a C cup, meaning some C cup bras will fit nicely and others may be slightly large. Don't be too scared by the initial postoperative appearance; given how flat you were preoperatively, it will take some time for the breast skin envelope to relax fully and achieve a relatively normal shape.

I don't know what size implant I would have selected. Specific breast measurements are vital in determining the appropriate-sized implant. If you have a narrow chest wall and narrow breast width, selecting an overly large implant may not have looked very good.

Best of luck.

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Discuss your concerns with your PS.

We frequently see patients who express concern about the size of their breast implants following breast augmentation surgery.In some cases, this occurs in the immediate postoperative period.Immediately after surgery, it’s hard to make judgments about breast size because of swelling and muscle spasm.It may take weeks for the majority of swelling and muscle spasm to resolve.
Many patients also experience transient adjustment reactions following breast augmentation.These patients have difficulty adjusting to larger breasts and often feels that people are staring at them.With the passage of time most of them are able to adjust to their new implants.Eventually they may even forget that the implants are there.The adjustment process varies from patient to patient but may take months.
After several months, patients will often adjust to their new breast implants.They feel that their new breasts fit nicely on their body and they are happy with their result.The question of breast size is always difficult for breast augmentation patients.In your case it’s virtually impossible to answer your question of breast size without more information.Without pictures or a physical examination it would be only guess work.Even when tremendous care is taken preoperatively to determine breast size, the final decision will need to be made in the operating room by the surgeon.At this point an assessment can be made about how the patient’s breast tissue interacts with the breast implant.Occasionally, obtaining a specific size doesn’t allow the surgeon to meet the patients others aesthetic goals.For this reason locking into a specific size isn’t always a good idea. Results are better when a surgeon has the ability to make adjustments in the operating room.
If you have concerns about breast size following breast augmentation surgery, you should communicate with your plastic surgeon.He has dealt with this situation in other patients and can address many of your concerns.With time, many of these concerns may resolve without intervention.In some patients the passage of time doesn’t alleviate their concerns about size.Under these circumstances, revisional surgery with larger implants may be necessary.Ultimately, the vast majority of patients will be happy with their breast augmentation results.

Cup size after breast augmentation

Basing the success of breast augmentation on cup size is not advisable as cup size varies considerably from company to company. Implant selection should be a collaboration between the patient based on her needs/objectives and the surgeon based on his or her expertise and experience. The implant position should match these needs and objectives, but most patients benefit from under the muscle. Consult with your surgeon as he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Predicting bra cup size with implant breast augmentation or enlargement.

The problem is that you are tall thin and have minimal breast tissue. A significantly sized implant may result in prominence and visibility. Generally a 150-200 cc increase will result in a one cup size increase but this is only a general rule. I would give it time for the results to settle. The cone like appearance will likely improve.