AA Cup to a C Cup with 300cc Silicone Implants?

I had 34AA initially. I'm 5'8", and 135 lbs. The doctor implanted 300cc silicone breast implants (sub muscular). I asked for C cups. Mind you I'm pretty flat. Post surgery I seem small. My breasts are the shapes of cones. Do you think that I will achieve C cups by what I began with and what was implanted? Is this what you would have implanted?

Cup size after breast augmentation

+2

It is very difficult to determine cup size after breast augmentation. Happiness with your new look is the most important. A rule of thumb is 150-175cc for each cup size. You have to wait six months before you can determine your final size Keep in mind that cup sizes change depending on the bra brand. There is no standard. I use the Vectra 3D system so that you can visualize what your breast will look like before breast augmentation.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Cup size after breast augmentation

+2

There is no standard bra sizing. What is a 34C at Victoria's Secret, is not at La Perla, Olga, Maidenform, etc. Also what you think is a 34C, may not be what I think is one, and may not really be a C at all- you may really want to be a D.

When getting measured for a bra, typical measuring for bra size is done at the point of maximum projection of the breast. If your breast implant is under the muscle, you need to let everything relax and settle before you will know your real bra cup size. The younger, tighter, and more muscular you are, the more you need to let them settle. It can take 6 months to a year.

I find the BEST way to decide what implant size is right for you is to try sizing implants. I have my patients do this at least twice in my office. Bring different clothes, particularly form fitting tops. This is the best preview you can have.

Sizing is a difficult issue. It is one you should spend a lot of time with your doctor on. Don't rush the decision.

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Predicting bra cup size with implant breast augmentation or enlargement.

+2

The problem is that you are tall thin and have minimal breast tissue. A significantly sized implant may result in prominence and visibility. Generally a 150-200 cc increase will result in a one cup size increase but this is only a general rule. I would give it time for the results to settle. The cone like appearance will likely improve.

Final cup size after breast augmentation

+2

It's hard to know with certainty what your final cup size will be. As you undoubtedly know, not all C-cups are equal. For example, a C cup at Victoria's Secret may be a B cup at another store. The final cup size is also influenced by breast height and width, and this is influenced by the type of silicone implant your surgeon selected.

That being said, given your height and weight, my suspicion is that you'll end up somewhere between a B and a C cup, meaning some C cup bras will fit nicely and others may be slightly large. Don't be too scared by the initial postoperative appearance; given how flat you were preoperatively, it will take some time for the breast skin envelope to relax fully and achieve a relatively normal shape.

I don't know what size implant I would have selected. Specific breast measurements are vital in determining the appropriate-sized implant. If you have a narrow chest wall and narrow breast width, selecting an overly large implant may not have looked very good.

Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD