I am 72 hours post 20 units of Botox in the Glabellar region. I have zero relaxation and can fully contract the muscle.

I had 20 units placed inbetween my brows with minimal results @ 250.00. After two weeks my doc tried Dysport and guess what? Nothing. Why am I not responding? Is my next option a filler? Should I be concerned that Botox will not work for me?

No botox results

+2
If you get no improvement with botox(softening of glabellar lines and continued muscle action)can mean several things.Some people have stronger forehead/glabellar muscles,esp men but also some woman, and simply need a higher dose.I assume you are working with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist.There are,unfortunately, quite a lot of either disreputable,and/or inexperienced practitioners who dilute the botox with too much saline thereby reducing its effectiveness.Finally,like most things practice makes perfect, so injecting it in the right spots is important too.Some people with deep glabellar lines need a concomitant filler in addition to the botox for best results.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+2
Botox usually takes 7-10 days to fully see result from your treatment, you can always schedule a follow up consult after two weeks of your treatment 

Botox time to take effect

+2
Botox can sometimes take 4 to 5 days to kick in.  It is different for everyone. So I would relax and wait for results.  I would keep your 2 week follow up with your doctor to evaluate the results.  It may be that you have relatively strong muscles if you still have some movement at that time.  Perhaps an increased dosage for future treatments may be in order. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am 72 hours post 20 units of Botox in the Glabellar region

+2
It can take more time. But I will add if you have had Botox before and have seen results right away, then something may be different this time. Check with the doctor.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Botox Onset for Glabellar Treatment

+2
Generally you will see some result with Botox within 24 to 72 hours, but not full results up to as long as two weeks.  If at two weeks you have full brow activity, return to the clinic where you were treated.  You may just need a higher dose than anticipated.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Duration of onset of Botox activity

+2
Though Botox will begin to show effect in 24-72 hours in the majority of patients, the full effect may not be realized for a week and even up to 2 weeks.  Follow up with your surgeon at 2 weeks if you still see no change.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+2
Hello, and thank you for the question. In general, it is important to keep the following things in mind regarding treatment with Botox:

1) It can take 1-2 weeks to see the effect of the treatment 
2) It is best to wait until the treatment takes effect before evaluating the end result

I would give it a little bit of time, as the treatment likely needs a bit more time to kick in before the result is apparent. Your provider should be able to address any questions or concerns, as he or she knows the details of your treatment. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

When should you expect results after Botox? Wait 2 weeks...

+2
Don't  fear, you shouldn't expect anythingfrom a Botox treatment after just 72 hours.  I usually tell patients to expect onset about 5 days, and full effect by 2 weeks.  Most patients describe a "heavy" feeling as the medicine sets up.  Your vertical glabellar "frown lines" will soften up as it starts to work. 

If you aren't thrilled with the results at 2 weeks, be sure to discuss with your injector.  I would be sure to seek out an experienced injector to ensure great results.  All injections are performed by physicians in my office.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Results Post Botox

+1
Thank you for your question. Normally Botox can take anywhere from 7 to 10 days before you will see the final result. I would recommend waiting 2 weeks and after that you can go in for a touch up appointment if needed. Some people need more Botox to get full correction than others, however it is better to do a touch up appointment over putting in to much since the effects of Botox cannot be reversed until the product wears off.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Botox to glabella

+1
This is a very common concern for patients. Based on the way the medicine works, it usually takes 3-4 days before you start noticing any effect, and will not have maximum effect for 2 weeks.

At this point try to be patient. If at 2 weeks you are still not happy with the degree of relaxation discuss this with your physician. You may need additional botox to get the muscles to relax.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon