I Have a 6 Yrs Old Daughter with Acne. is It Serious?

Acne in children

+1

Acne in children of this age is abnormal, but not necessarily something to panic about. If it was a pediatrician who diagnosed her, I'd really suggest she see a board-certified dermatologist, as really, it could be something entirely different than acne.

Acne in children needs to be examined by a dermatologist

+1

Acne in children needs to be evaluated by a dermatologist since it may be an infection that needs immediate treatment.  I am not sure who diagnosed your child with acne but it is not typical of a six year old.  You should find a qualified dermatologist in your area.

Michele S. Green, MD

Acne Evaluation

+1

Acne at a young age may be due to an underlying disorder and should be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist so that if an internal cause exists it can be treated expeditiously.

Anthony Perri, MD
Houston Dermatologist