Currently a 36B, is 550cc to 600cc Too Big For My Frame? (photo)

I Am 5"7 160lbs Im Currently a 36B my Plastic Surgeon is Recommending 550cc to 600cc, Is this too big? would you be able to tell me an estimate on what size i might end up with?

Breast Implant Sizing Is Important

+3

The size of the implant used depends upon many factors, the size of your chest, the tightness of your skin, the size of your breasts, and certainly, where you would like to end up.  Your chest looks large enough to handle a 550-600 cc implant well.  

I use an empty implant (called a sizer) at surgery to assess the effect of different volumes.  It takes some of the guess work out of choosing the best size.

The difficulty with any patient is choosing what size she might like.  We have the patient undergo a "sizing session."  At this time we have the patient try on bras with different size inserts with their clothes.  I like them to look at nude photographs also to see what looks they find attractive. In addition we utilize a 3D imaging camera and manipulate their photo with different sizes and styles of implants.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Size of breast implant

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos. The choice of implant for breast augmentation is a very important decision and should be determined carefully before surgery to avoid dissatisfaction. The choice implant depends on multiple factors, your breast measurements, skin elasticity, what you want etc. All this is determined during the consultation. It also helpful if you take photos with you and review before and after photos before the consultation. Good luck.

Implant Size Selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Choosing the right implant

+1

Choosing the right implant is best done in person after a thorough exam and a discussion of your goals.  Without doing that, I can not suggest what would be best for you.

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Unfortunately,  it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

The best advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

You should try on the implants in the office

+1
Hello, One of the most important decisions for breast augmentation is implant size. I would recommend that you decide on a cup size that you want to achieve and then try on the range of implants that would generally be used to accomplish that cup size. 600 ml implants will generally give you a D+/DD given your preop cup size of B. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com