Revision to Have More Cleavage? Is It Possible to Make Breast Implants Closer Together?

Hi There, I had breast implants surgery 6 years- saline, under the muscle- 300 and 340cc's. Everything went ok I must say except he said there is absolutely no way to form the shape of your breast implants, that he just places in the implants and they go naturally to the way your breast is formed. 6 years later... I'd like to have more cleavage. Can you take a look and tell me if it's possible? I appreciate it!

Breast implants and cleavage

+1

In general, breast implants are just pillows and do not move or shape the breast in a cosmetic augmentation. They just fill out what's there. The implant must match the width of the breast in order to be properly positioned behind it so that it looks natural and the tissues are not distorted. The gap of the cleavage should be the same as before the augmentation but the slope (also called cleavage) is steeper depending on the forward fill or profile of the implant. If the pocket created for the implant is too far to the center or the release of the pectoralis muscle is too aggressive in an attempt to decrease the gap between the breasts along with too wide an implant, then distortions and even symmastia (connected breasts) can occur. So the size, positioning and reasoning (to form the natural shape of your breasts) sounds correct. 

As a secondary procedure, after the tissues have adjusted to the present implant and the capsule or surrounding tissues relax a bit, it is possible to put in a wider implant (which is also bigger and taller assuming it's round and the profile is the same) that will fill out the base of the breast on both sides and make them look closer together. Usually the increased diameter is about 1 1/2 cm without major pocket changes (which again risk problems and distortions. 

The concept is that, like a nose in rhinoplasty, you cannot just shape the breast and position it however you might like using an implant. You have to choose among the options for what your tissues and your characteristics will tolerate without risking problems and distortions. A breast implant makes your breast look larger/fuller but it can't give you whatever breast characteristic you might like. With a nose you cannot just do a rhinoplasty and make your nose look like someone else's. You can only modify your own nose in certain ways. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Cleavage

+1

Every woman has a natural footplate of their breasts. That is, their breast are located either very close together, moderately close together or far apart. The implants will follow the position of the breast. Using larger implants and using silicone implants will improve that somewhat. Occasionally a lift or fat injection can also improve the "wide cleavage" look. Best wishes

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Revision to Have More Cleavage?

+1

The answer to your question is "Probably"  It really depends on what surface characteristics your implants have and you anatomy, especially the muscle attachments. To get a better answer takes an exam and a look at your operative report from 6 years ago. Find a surgeon near you and get a consultation.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision implant surgery for more cleavage

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo. It would probably be inappropriate to give an answer  in this forum without fully examining you. The final shape of the breast after implant placement depends on many factors. It is the interaction of breast snap, size, implant shape and size and your desires will determine the final outcome. For your best interest, I advise you see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and a clear discussion of what you want and what can be achieved.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

+1

To achieve more clevage you could go with a larger implant with a wider base.  Implant width sizes come in high profile which is a smaller base then moderate and moderate plus has the wides base.  This will help create more clevage. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Improving cleav age after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your quetion. The photo included shows your breasts pushed together. Is this the cleavage you are looking for or is this what you do not like? It would be helpful to see the breasts in their natural state to see and evaluate the cleavage area. It is difficult to give any general advise based on this photo. One way one might improve cleavage is with fat grafting to the medial breasts over the implants. See yor plastic surgeon and find out if he/she feels comfortable doing this without endangering the implants. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Creating more Cleavage with Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Unfortunately, without direct examination and a full communication  of your goals it is not possible to give you precise advice.

Generally speaking, if you find that your breast  implants move too far to the side when you are upright or lying down then breast revision surgery may help in improving the positioning of the breast implants. Internal sutures (capsulorrhaphy) techniques may be necessary to help keep the breast implants closer to the midline (cleavage area).

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery.