What Can I Do For My Deep Grooves and Thin Skin Under Eyes? (photo)

im 35, i have great skin, minimal fine lines... i just had my first filler placed in my smile lines bc having such full deep cheeks... however i cannot wear enough concealer to cover the deep grooves under my eyes above my cheeks. i was told im not a good candidate for a filler my skin is so thin under eyes because with my ski in tends to be very dark and thin under eyes --it would prob make them look darker and blueish... im looking for some direction..

What Can Be Done For Deep Grooves and Thin Skin Under Eyes?

+1

Filler is actually a reasonable option. It just needs to be placed more deeply to prevent the Tyndall effect - blue discoloration from superficial filler placement. The results should last up to one year. The more durable option is a lower eyelid procedure where the small lower eyelid bag is advanced into the groove to give the lower eyelid/ cheek junction a more youthful appearance. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat will do the Trick

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Fat is the answer.  Fat redraping through a blepahroplasty or fat injection. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Deep grooves and hollowing under eyes

+1

You have significant hollowing in the lower eyelids and upper cheeks which can lead to a "tired" appearance. You would be a good candidate for filler injections, but I would recommend treatment of both the lower eyelids and cheeks to achieve the best results. There is a risk of some bluish discoloration, but I suspect this risk of this being a big issue is fairly small. If you didnt like it, the filler could always be dissolved. Other doctors might recommend fat injection, but I tend to like Restylane better in the under eye area. Aside from the hollowing under the eyes, you have a very youthful looking face and I suspect that treating this one area will make a big difference for you.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Deep Grooves Under Eyes

+1

Hi Sing.  You are a great candidate for tear trough injections.  While surgery is an option too, most of our younger patients do not opt for surgery at a young age.  Restylane would be a great option to fill in the grooves you highlight in the photo.  It's likely that it would take about 2 cc's of product and last about a year.  In our practice this procedure costs around $1,000 for 2 cc's.  

View the photos below for results with the procedure.  Thanks.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Eyelid bags

+1

You are a candidate for lower blepharoplasty and fat transposition to tear trough.   You are also a candidate for non surgical fillers to tear trough.  Products like restylane fine line, juviderm refine, teosyal are excellent in this area.    There is also a role for PRP to enhance skin quality. 

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon