Will 300cc Saline Breast Implants Result in a C Cup?

My Breast Augmentation is scheduled for next Friday. I went for my sizing consultation yesterday. I currently am a 32a and I will be getting Saline breast implants in the 300cc range (what my dr said yesterday).

What cup size will this be? Will this be a "C"? Thoughts? Estimates? Thanks in advance.

Can be difficult to determine cup sizes

+2

When deciding upon implant size it is best to look at photographs. A photograph gives your plastic surgeon a graphic representation of your surgical expectations. Bra cup sizes will differ from each manufacturer. With this being said, considering the information that you submitted, ever[y 175 cc of implant volume will increase you about one cup size. There are many other factors that are important to consider including your chest circumference, the amount and shape of your existing breast and the base diameter of your breast.

Breast size after implants

+2

Breast size depends on a few factors -- how big you are around, how much breast tissue you have, and what size implant you choose. If you are a 32 -- an a cup is much smaller than a 40 A.

In the typical 32 A with little native breast, a 300 to 325cc will give you a mid C appearance. The best way to tell is to stick a 300 cc sizer in the bra you want to wear and see what it looks like.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Size

+2

There is no way to exactly predict bra size after trying on implant sizers. This is a good approximation of what the bra size will be following the surgery. The problem is that each bra manufacturer has different shapes and body contours that cause differences in bra cup sizes. For instance, Victoria Secret generally upsizes cup size and Sears is typically smaller. If you like what you see with the sizers, you should be happy. I usually recommmend going one 30cc's larger than what you have tried on.

Maybe, it all depends on your breast size

+2

There is no absolute volume that gives a cup size a value. In addition to arbitrary decisions by the manufacturer, the cup designation is a function of the chest wall circumference (without the breasts included) and the relative projection delivered by the breast volume. A woman who is 6'4" will demand a much larger volume on her chest wall to be a "C" cup than a woman 4"11".

On balance, the average woman of height (5'5") and build will be taken from an "A" to a "C" cup by a 300 cc implant. I prefer to use pictures to determine the desired size of the patient lest there be any misunderstanding between the surgeon and patient as to precisely what a given cup size looks like.

Web reference: http://www.atlantacenterforplasticsurgery.com

Proper Implant Selection

+1

This is hard to estimate without picture and measurements.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

The use of sizers in your bra  preoperatively does not accurately correlate with the size of breasts achieved with sub muscular implants. I think that it is very important that you communicate clearly with your surgeon to maximize the chances of achieving your desired breast size.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Cup size and implant volume

+1

A 300 cc implant may get you to the desired cup size, but bra companies measure differently than surgeons.  Try on a 300 cc implant and see if you like the way it looks in a blouse, forget about specific cup size.

Measuring cup sizes before surgery.

+1

Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the sizing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

The secret is that you and your surgeon don't have to guess.

In Manhattan, we use breast implant SIZERS during surgery to see exactly what size will give you the look you want.  Then we discard the sizers, and open the correct permanent implants from our inventory.

Choose what looks right, not cup size

+1

The question of what implant size will result in a specific cup size is a common one but also an unanswerable one. We are stuck with the cup system from the Warner Bros. Corset Co. in the 1930's, a more modest time when breast size had to be inferred from indirect measurements. So the whole chest determines the cup, not just the volume of the breasts. My suggestion is to choose an implant that gives you the look you want by trying sizers in a bra of the desired cup size but then forget about the cup. Your surgeon can then help translate this into the necessary implant size, which will be a little bit larger than the sizer in order to give the same look.