Im Only 25, but my Neck Seems to Have Loose Skin when I Turn Certain Ways, Should I Consider a Neck Lift? (photo)

Ive posted two pictures as examples. When I make certain facial expressions or turn my head it looks like i have really loose neck skin. Ive recently had a baby and gained and lost about 25-30 lbs. I believe i may have a weak jaw line too. Not sure but id love to just tack my skin up a bit to give me a more defined jaw and neck. Im leaning more torward a neck lift because i notice a big cord in my neck when i turn my heard sideways and i want something dramatic done that lasts.

Neck Lift for Loose Skin at Age 25?

+2

I would say: Definitely No! Some mild laxity is normal - especially with moving and turning. If this gets more significant (and yes, it will over the years), you could consider non-invasive face and neck tightening such as Ultherapy.

Web reference: http://www.drfechner.com/ulthera.htm

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Im Only 25, but my Neck Seems to Have Loose Skin when I Turn Certain Ways, Should I Consider a Neck Lift?

+2

Absolutely not at 25 years of age.  Perlane to enhance the aesthetic shape of the cheels perhaps...but no surgery IMHO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Do I need a neck lift at age 25?

+2

The pictures that you have provided demontrate that you have a nicely defined jaw line with no evidence of jowling or neck laxity. In my experience, it is very rare for a 25 year old to be in need of any surgical lifting in the face or neck unless the patient has undergone massive weight loss (>100lbs). I would do multiple consultations with experienced and qualified facial plastic or plastic surgeons to get their opinion. Good Luck!

Treatment of Loose Skin on Neck

+1

At this point you may be a better candidate for radiofrequency skin tightening for the neck (such as Pelleve, which I offer at my New York practice) and treatment of the neck bands with Botox or Dysport. The next step for you is to have a qualified specialist evaluate you in person for neck rejuvenation procedures. The skin elasticity and other elements to making a decision about your neck rejuvenation treatment plan cannot be assessed by still photos alone, especially if indeed are considering a neck lift.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/prasad-face-eyes/facial-surgery/necklift-rejuvenation/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Not a Neck Lift Candidate

+1

No you are not a candidate for a neck lift.  If your concerns persist you could consider a nonsurgical tightening procedure.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.