Lumpy and Bumpy 2 Months After Neck Lift-liposuction, is this Common? (photo)

In January 2012 I had a lower face lift, neck lift and liposuction under my chin. The liposuction resulted in lumps and wrinkles. PS said this was result of bleeding and keloid scar tissue. Injected a steroid shot that has helped reduce the bumpiness, but now I'm seeing sunken areas that are unsightly as well . I'm really disappointed with the results and not sure I believe this resulted from bleeding. Is this a common thing to happen and can it be corrected? Thank you.

Lumps after Necklift - Due to Hematoma

+2

Bleeding is one of the risks associated with any face and neck lift. A hematoma will prolong the recovery and may result in some lumpy/ bumpy contour. This usually improves with proper care but may not totally resolve. I would stay in close contact with your facelift surgeon as only he will know what he has done during the surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drfechner.com/worcester-facelift.htm

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy neck after liposuction

+2

Post op hematoma (bleeding) if not properly evacuated and treated can cause lumpy and bumpy contour of your skin after healing. This will require serial cortisone injection and time. Some touch up surgery may also be needed later. Get a second opinion with hands on exam.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after surgery

+2

It is possible that a post-operative hematoma can result in delayed healing and tissue contour problems that can take several months to resolve. I'm not sure why he mentioned that you have keloiding althgough I cannot see the pre and post-auricular incisions. Without knowing the specific history it is difficult to determine exactly what was the cause of the lumpiness. Options include steroid injection, compression dressing, and ice. You are only two months our from surgery. I anticipate that you will get gradual improvement over the next several months. I would follow up with your surgeon on a regular basis to ensure that you are making progress.

Lumpy and Bumpy 2 Months After Neck Lift-liposuction, is this Common?

+2

This question is one that really should be directed to the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your neck lipo and procedure.  None of the plastic and cosmetic surgeons here know what was done during your procedure/surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com