I'm 19 and I'm Thinking of Getting a Breast Lift. I Need Advice. (photo)

So I’m 19 years old. I’ve had saggy breasts my whole life. I’m really self conscious about them and it makes me feel ugly. The thing is is that I’m really against surgeries. (I’m a holistic health kind of person) I’m tired of feeling ugly and I want them to change but I’m not sure if I want surgery. I guess I’m just looking to have some advice. What do you think?

Options are limited

+1

I believe what your goal would be to have areolas positioned higher on each breast and with more symmetry compared to one another.  Surgery will definitely correct this.  If you are not ready for surgery at this time it will be an option down the road.  In terms of non surgical options the only other thing that is available is Ulthera.  Its ultrasound and designed to tighten deep tissue.  It would only improve the position of your areola by 1-2 mm and the results would not be permanent.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Breast lift advice

+1

My first advice to you would be to remind you that you breasts are perfectly normal and many women your age have similarly shaped breasts.  There should be no rush in deciding to have breast lift surgery, so take your time and get consultations with at least two board certified plastic surgeons before proceeding with the breast lift.  Make certain you write down all of your questions and concerns prior to going to your consultation.  Ask to see pre and post op photos of patients who have had a breast lift and how your surgeon would handle any potential problems or complications.  In the final analysis, only you can determine if a breast lift is in your best interest.  Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

Unfortunately without surgery your breasts can not be lifted. Sorry.  But only have surgery if you really want it done.

Breast lift without surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  Most people would like to avoid having surgery whenever possible.  If you would like to get a breast lift, you can choose surgery.  If you wish to avoid surgery, you can choose a push up bra.  Those are really your only two options.

Based on your pictures, you right and left breast differ in size and shape and that would need to be addressed as well.  There is likely a reason why you wish to avoid surgery and once you are able to overcome that hurdle, a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be your next step towards feeling more beautiful.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breastlift?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Only YOU  can answer the question whether breast lifting is "worth it"  or not in your specific case. It will come down to how much the the "deformity" (position of the nipples)  bothers you versus the costs ( time, money, scarring)  associated with fixing the “deformity”.

Based on the pictures it is clear that a breast lift will help you by raising the nipple/areola complexes and  tighten up the breast skin envelope. 

The operation will likely involve incisions around the areola as well as vertically oriented ('vertical mastopexy"). The trade-off typically seen with breast lifting is improvement in breast position versus the  presence of scars. Whether to proceed with the surgery  becomes a very personal decision that should be made after weighing the pros and cons carefully.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastlift.htm

Breast lift surgery

+1

According to stats from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast lifts are quite common in the United States with close to 90,000 performed in 2010.  Breast lifts improve the overall appearance of the breasts by removing excess areolar tissue, as well as skin from around the areola and from the inferior portion of the breast. The areolae typically look smaller and the nipples sit higher after the procedure. Patients need to be content with their current size, in that they may end up being a bit smaller after surgery. To determine if a breast lift is a good idea, you may want to review photos of patients who have had a breast lift. It is important to find photos of patients who looked like you do before they had surgery.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Saggy breasts at 19

+1

I understand what you don't like and agree that a lift would help to make the breasts more even and more youthful. Your breasts are a little differently shaped from each other so don't expect them to a perfect match afterward but they should be much closer. The only solution is going to be surgery so you will have to come to grips with the idea. Spend time fining the right surgeon, one who you feel understands you and your concerns. Don't feel guilty about doing something good for yourself. Good luck.

Breast lift can give better shape and symmetry

+1

Based on your photos, you appear to have some breast asymmetry and slight sagging of your breasts; both of which can be addressed at the time of a breast lift (mastopexy). The type of incision likely will involve a lollipop type of pattern. These scars generally heal quite well but are not invisible. You can have an improved breast contour however you will have some scars. Discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon at the time of your consultation. You can also discuss if this is something you may want to hold off on doing until you have children.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Improvement in Breast Shape will Require Surgery

+1

Hi there-

Unfortunately, because of the combination of characteristics that your breasts show, it will be impossible for you to achieve improvement in your breast shape without surgery.

Because you are so very young (although I know hearing it doesn't make you feel better), I would consider your options very carefully over a long time before proceeding. The scars don't necessarily need to be ugly or conspicuous, but they are permanent.

Find a surgeon you like and think you can trust and visit for a consultation... Then mull it over for a long while. If it seems like the right thing for you after you've learned all about it and had time to think about it, the likelihood is that your satisfaction will be high. 

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Breast Lift

+1

As other responders have mentioned having a breast lift is a trade off between achieving a more perky breast for more scars.  Since you have gone to the trouble to post on this site with photos you obviously are not happy with your current appearance as you state you feel "ugly".   There are several options available to you and I would recommend consultation with at least two surgeons.  Make sure that they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  I find that most lift patients are happiest if they have at least a small implant placed as it will give more superior fullness and a better shape to the breast.  As for the lift I would utilize a vertical technique to minimize the scarring.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD

Web reference: http://www.hallmd.com

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon