Am 18 Years Old and Am Experiencing Facial Sagging, What Are My Options?

am an 18 year old female and am experiencing facial sagging my eyes have turned downwards from it and i have tear trough in my face and i have noticed my chubby cheeks have become deflated giving an overall appearance of droopiness,i noticed the facial sagging in last december when i was 17 at the time i have been stressed a bit lately and have lost weight even though i was slim to begin with and i do exercise alot could weight loss have had an impact from it and what option is the best for me?

Correction of Facial Sagging at 18 Years old

+1

Correcting facial sagging at age 18 is something I would look at very carefully before considering anything beyond fillers unless there has been massive weight loss.

Great Skin Care

+1

The key at your age is good medical skin care, no sun tanning of the face and good hydration.  This goes a long way throughout lift.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

18 year old

+1

Although it is difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – based on your description it appears that you may be a good candidate for facial fat grafting, or just gaining some weight

Sam Naficy, MD

Consider Injectable Fillers for Facial Sagging at 18yrs old

+1

it is difficult to imagine that you would be a candidate for a facelift or other surgical methods at your age. Quite possibly you may want to consider Scupltra or another injectable filler to add volume to your cheeks to give you a more youthful, rested look.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift - Am 18 Years Old and Am Experiencing Facial Sagging, What Are My Options?

+1

It is hard to imagine that surgery will be among your reasonable options...in general, a facelift (of which there are many kinds) is reserved for patients who are older than you.  Generally starting in about the mid to late 40s at about the earliest, though each case is different and when there has been significant weight loss it an be considered at an earlier age.  But not normally at 18.  You may want to consult with someone about laser skin tightening or even some peels for the overall look of your skin.  Addressing specific facial sagging, though, is not common for 18 year olds.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Facial sagging in an 18 year old!

+1

I agree that it is highly unlikely that you are experiencing significant facial sagging which would require surgery.  Certainly, reasonable suggestions about possible intervention must depend on submitting actual photos.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Check Your BMI Before Doing Anything!

+1
Before considering anything, check your Body Mass Index. Its your height / weight ratio and will tell you if you are at a healthy weight. There are numerous online BMI calculators and takes only a few mins to determine. You indicate you were already thin, and are now thinner, and like to exercise. This indicates you might have an eating disorder, and the last thing to consider would be any sort of cosmetic treatment. A BMI of 18.5 or less should spur you to see your family physician, not a cosmetic surgeon.

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging face at 18 years old, now what?

+1

I have performed various types of Face Lifts for over 20 years and IMHO it's highly unlikely that at 18, your face is sagging.  If you had a significant weight loss recently, at 18 your skin should shrink and not require a face lift.  If you are interested in learning what's going on with your face, you should take your parents to 1 consult with a plastic and cosmetic surgeon in your area for education.....not surgery of any kind....

Facial Volume Loss with Exercise

+1

Women that exercise vigorously are at risk for early facial volume loss, yes, even at age 18.  The usual suspect is a long distance runner.  It can be a frustrating problem and a plastic surgeon can help.  Generally fillers are used to treat this issue but it tends to recur. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Premature aging in 18 year old

+1

Profound weightloss will create sagging, but at consultation with a Plastic Surgeon, the possibility of a connective tissue abnormality should be considered.  There are several conditions which result in abnormal collagen or elastin production, and these issues should be explored before any treatments are contemplated.

Michael Kreidstein, MD