Im 18 Should I Get Liposuction?

I'm 18, 5'8 and 150 lbs. I'm very healthy and active but I can't get rid of the fat in my mid area, would I be a good candidate for liposuction?

18 years old, 5'8" 150 lbs, and Liposuction of Midsection

+1

At that height and weight with a stubborn area, liposuction is probably the reasonable choice, but an exam would be necessary to confirm.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Liposuction for localized fat defect

+1

AT 5'8 and 150 lbs, your BMI is 23.5 which is normal.  You are an excellent candidate, since you are young, your skin had good elasticity and will recoil nicely.  Liposuction is effective for localized fat which are describing.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but you should be a good candidate for liposuction.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction at 18...

+1

Liposuction is an excellent option to get rid of unwanted fat that does not respond to diet and exercise.  Liposuction is not a substitute for diet and exercise, so the fact that you are active is great.  Actually you may be a great candidate because you are already healthy and your skin should be able to contract nicely after the fat is removed.  It is important to remember that liposuction can help sculpt your body, but will not completely change your shape.  After having this procedure, you will need to continue with a healthy diet and exercise regularly.  This will just help you maintain the results.  Be sure to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Lipo at 18

+1

Before you consider liposuction, go see a board certified plastic Surgeon who has done a ton of lipo. He, or she, will give you the information you need. Web based sites will be helpful after a consultation, not before consulting with an ethical proffessional.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

18 is a great age for liposuction.

+1

Liposuction works best on people who need it the least.  If you are young with excellent skin and a modest amount of unwanted fat in a specific area, you are the quintessential liposuction patient.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag.php?ID=20

The right age for liposuction

+1

I tend to agree with the other plastic surgeons.  Ideally you can still be growing, and might lose the fat lall on your own.  The persistent areas of lipodystrophy are where liposuction is a great treatment option.

Time to get #Liposuction?

+1

At 18, you will still see continued changes to your physique. You may still have some "baby fat" that you will grow out of with time. You need to make sure that you are treating an area that is resistant to diet and exercise as well. See a board certified plastic surgeon to get a formal opinion and better understand your options. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Am I a candidate for liposuction?

+1

Liposuction is ideally suited to treat localized areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.  To determine whether or not you are a good candidate, I would recommend consulting with board-certified plastic surgeons.  Deciding whether or not the procedure is appropriate for you would require a complete history and physical examination, as well as a thorough discussion of whether the likely result of the procedure would meet your desired goal.  You would then need to consider whether the potential benefit outweighs the surgical risks.

Good luck.  

Liposuction is a great procedure to remove localized fat deposits.

+1

You sound like the ideal patient to under go liposuction to your abdomen. Since you are young, your skin is tight and you are not over weight you should have a great result from liposuction. You should consult with a experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if you would benefit from suction of your abdomen and perhaps some additional areas. 

You might also consider CoolSculpting which is a non surgical procedure which doesn't require incisions, needles or anesthesia to address localized fat deposits. If you can pinch one to two inches of fat between you thumb and fingers then CoolSculpting can be used to freeze the fat and cause 20-25% of it to go away with apoptosis (cell death) over the next 2 months. 

Hello

+1

Even though you are of age to make your own decision I would thing about it and talk to your parents about it. Liposuction does get rid of stubborn fat but you should do some research first.