16 days post tummy tuck, feel like I'm pregnant, is this swelling normal? (photo)

I keep being told to give it six weeks but my skin is getting so tight with the swelling in scared my skin will stretch and sag when it eventually goes. I'm so scared and uncomfortable. I'm noticing I'm more swollen on the right side round to my hip. Had TT on 6th jan 2014, drains were kept in for 6 days and then I flew back home on 16th. Please help, I'd be so grateful.

Swelling after abdominoplasty

+2
Swelling at 2 or 3 weeks after tummy tuck is typical. Normal swelling will take weeks to resolve. However based on your photo I would be concerned about a Seroma or distinct fluid pocket. This is not uncommon and usually is easily drained. Try to find a local surgeon to see you. Maybe your original surgeon knows someone in your town. 

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Swelling

+2
Thank you for your picture.  It is not unreasonable to have swelling at this point but you may have a seroma since your drain was removed at 6 days.  You should revisit with your PS.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Swelling after tummy tuck

+2
Thanks for your picture and question.  Without an exam, it is difficult to know if your increase in size is due to swelling or to a seroma (fluid collection).  A seroma will not resolve itself on its own and may need to be drained.  You do need to be examined.

Naveen Setty, MD

Swelling versus seroma after tummy tuck

+2
Dear PelsTT,

Without a before photo or an exam its is hard to know if what you are describing is seroma, swelling, or residual fat.  An ultrasound would show a large collection of fluid (seroma).  If this is the case a drain or serum cath could be inserted. 

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

16 days post tummy tuck, feel like I'm pregnant, is this swelling normal?

+1
You have a serious issue of expanding seroma that needs operative drainage and complete follow up care. Maybe you should fly back to the operative country for care, that is the high risks of "medical tourism" surgery. Or "try" to find a boarded local USA PS, but you will be charged at least a few $$$$$. 

Wouind Healing take time and how you can help

+1
Sound like you are very swollen, a natural phenomena.  Watch your salt.  Salt intake must be  kept below 1500mg day.  If you do this you will be less swollen.  Also you can ask your doctor for a diuretic to help you los salt.  Salt is Sodium Chloride....table salt.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon