- Restylane is an injectable filler composed of hyaluronic acid--a substance produced naturally by the body.
- It is FDA-approved for use in smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and nasolabial folds.
- It is also used "off label" (i.e., not FDA approved) to enhance lips decrease the depth of the tear troughs.
- The effects of Restylane injections usually last about six months.
- As with other dermal fillers, side effects of Restylane treatments can include temporary bruising, swelling, and numbness. These usually subside within a few days.
You might also like:
Was this guide helpful?