Post to Forum

I just had Cellulaze done on Oct 17, 2013. I am 5'1" around 120 lbs. Just wanted to share my experience so far...

• Amici
  • 9 months ago

The areas of my body that had cellulite were my inner thighs and part of front legs. I was considered to be a perfect candidate with medium cellulite (21-40 sections) so the costs were significantly reduced as I was part of a training session - meaning other doctors were at the room during the procedure. The preparation was actually more painfully than I expected. There were several points where they inject some numbing fluid and they go over again those same points before you are ready for the procedure. I have a good pain threshold but it was way beyond that. The good part is that it only lasted a few seconds per each injected area. The procedure itself is not painful. I felt a lot of squeezing and tugging but no pain as by then the meds have kicked in. In several occasions I heard them saying that the fat popped meaning they actually saw the changes in the skin. After procedure was done, I also saw many pieces of fat on the sheets. I guess after they pressed me with a roller, the remaining fat cells were expelled out of my body. So that gives me some hope that I will see some positive results. I must say however that I did not expect the post op severe pain. Yesterday was my first day after procedure and while laying down I did not experience pain, the minute I tried to get up to go to bathroom it felt like pieces of glasses were ingrained in my thighs and every move would make it extremely painful. I have very low tolerance with the heavy pain medication but because of the pain I had to keep taking them. But by night my stomach could not take it anymore even though I have been eating prior to taking any meds. I felt I was going to pass out. Today, day 2, I decided no more oxycodone. I'd rather deal with the pain which seems to be a bit more bearable. But don't be fooled. This is not a procedure where you are back to your activities the next day. You cannot even shower for 3 days which is something I did not know until after procedure. They warned me about swelling and bruising but I think they should have warned more about the pain. I get it that people will have different thresholds but pain is a factor and will be around for a few days especially if you can' take the heavy medications. My sutures will come out on Wed-Oct 23, 2013. I am going to try to get the pre-op pics and post here and then pics after sutures are out. As far as results, only time will tell but I will keep you posted.

Comments (4)

The injection of anesthesia can be uncomfortable, but I provide my patients with oral valium beforehand, so they are quite sleepy. My patients have returned to work the following day, and their pain requirements were certainly less than you have described. Perhaps your treatment was more extensive because of the training involved. Best of luck in your recovery.

Thanks or sharing your story, this would make a wonderful review and be very valuable to the community.

Hi Eva. thanks. I will try to re-post this under review and with pics.

Excellent! Thanks so much and let me know if you have any questions.