Is anyone getting a Breast Augmentation in Thailand - 2014

• 2 months ago

Traveling to Thailand for breast augmentation surgery can be both exciting and intimidating. If you've already had your procedure or are just starting your research, please introduce yourself so we can support one another!

Comments (117)

Sort by

I think I'll be taking fly back cover just in case there's any complications.
I took out medical insurance before I left.
Hi! I just discovered this website as I'm home sick with the flu otherwise I'd be at work. I am going to Thailand for my BA scheduled Oct 3! I cannot wait and looking for all the advice, inspiration etc! I am what I think a small B cup and want to be a D/E cup, 500cc-600cc looks perfect but I understand there may be complications with bigger implants.
Who is your surgeon? I am booked in for surgery on the 28th! atm I am just stressing about the best method of carrying money and paying for things :/ I want the best exchange rate lol.
Dr Angkana :) I just put all my money on my CommBank travel card, super easy. Well nearly, I'll go to the post office and get some Thai baht to carry for smaller stalls/shops. I've never travelled before so I don't even know what to expect on the airplane! I'm worried they'll charge like $50 per meal on the plane haha
Are you going to Bangkok as well?
Hi biancaro I'll be there October 8th. Are you having your surgery In Bangkok or Phuket? I'm a small B and wanting to go up to a D I'm thinking of 350cc. Yeah recovery is more difficult but your surgeon will advise you best. Make sure to take photos of your "perfect boobs" for him. Is someone going with you for support? The main thing I've been told is to take your medicine on time and set alarms if you're sleeping and to use a straw for drinking and it's difficult to open pill containers so use a pill case or get someone to loosen all the pill bottles.
Hi I too am stressing about carrying money.. What have you decided to do? Carry cash or have a credit card? Bet you must be getting excited now!
Hi girls. I've just returned from having my BL and BA in Phuket. Best experience ever! As for the money I was advised NOT to use a commbank travel card to pay for surgery as the hospital may not expect this form of card for payment. I looked into it and discovered a lot of people had trouble paying for surgery this way. I just contacted the bank and advised them that I would be making a large payment using my credit card overseas. I transferred my boob money onto my credit card before I left. The bank does charge you more to use a credit card rather than a travel money card but I didn't want the stress of perhaps having trouble paying the bill over there. I changed up $250 into Thai Baht before I left so I had some cash on me as well. Everything is so cheap over there that this amount lasted me ages. I think in total (excluding boobs) I spent only about $600 over there. I hope this helps. Where are you having your operation?
I've got my boyfriend coming with me, hopefully he will be able to look after me. I've got a pre paid travel card from my bank. It's a card which you load up with Thai Baht (or currency of choice) and you can use it to pay for things overseas like a credit/debit card, so easy!
Oh yes I am so excited I am having dreams about it!!
Oh gosh thanks for the advice!! :) I'm having mine in Bangkok piyavate hospital
No problem. I would check with the bank if they accept travel money cards for payment. I know they are used just like a normal credit card but less fees but the hospital I went to wouldn't accept it. I'd hate for you to get there and have the added stress of not being able to pay for it. I had my surgery at Bangkok Hospital Phuket. You will love it. Nurses treat you like royalty :-)
Not check with bank I meant check with hospital about the travel card...
I was dreaming about it for months beforehand too. You won't regret it!
Thanks Trae! I've been told my card would be okay to use but I'll ask my service rep again who has been helping arrange the whole experience. :)
Whoo hoo! :D been making a Pinterest of my boob inspiration haha
Hi trae thanks for your response.. Really helps. I have been thinking of you because I think you went to the same hospital as i have chose.. Bangkok hospital Phuket. Glad to hear your feedback and everything went well. . I have just over 2.5 weeks left of waiting! All the best for your recovery :)
Awesome! Safe travels and don't forget to pack a travel pillow. Comes in very handy!
You will be amazed by the excellent service over there Daisy. Who will be your surgeon? The girls on my tour that had a BA only recovered so fast. The hospital will give you plenty of painkillers but their pain was minimal after a few days. If you have any questions (not matter how silly) feel free to inbox me :-)
Thanks so much that's so nice of you.. Surgeon is dr Piyapas..same as you! :)
Was amazing amazing amzing aye tracey...u guys have nothig to worry about. U will love the experience
Sure was Laura. I hope your flight home was okay. It was so lovely meeting you and your BF. I loved the whole experience.
Omg you will love him! Such a gentle man. I was laying on the theatre table and got really nervous. He came over and held my hand and told me not to worry and that he would look after me. He took his time performing the operation (took 10 hours) just to make it all perfect. I had severe grade 3 ptosis and I'm over the moon with my results! Get excited cause it's about to change your life :-)
Hi Daisynz, I honestly hope that everything goes well for you. I too had an operation from Dr Piyapas in 2011 at the Bangkok Hospital Phuket & my results weren't successful. Regardless of the fact that I think he may be a good surgeon, the mistake was nonetheless made & now the hospital has wiped their hands clean. Unfortunately that's what they do. They treat you like royalty while there but god forbid if anything goes wrong they are not helpful. They will quote you high hospital fees just to go back for corrective surgery. Dr Piyapas was honourable enough to offer his services free of charge but the hospital was less than helpful. They fail to return any correspondence & give you the run around. As I said I pray that everything goes well for you. Personally in hindesite I would have saved my money & stayed in Australia as it's so important to have after care available. Unfortunately you sign a clause with overseas surgeries saying they are void of any responsibility after your op. My right breast hangs about 1 inch lower than my left because a larger bag, without my consent, was put in & pocket dug too deep. I've had media coverage on my experience. It's nice to hear of the success stories but shocking to hear of the flip side. I wish you best of luck. I would caution all women of overseas operations but ultimately the decision is yours.