Is anyone having Breast Augmentation in August or September 2014?

• 3 months ago

If so, please introduce yourself so we can provide you support throughout your journey!

Comments (1,213)

Sort by

I wanted to add. . I'm getting 550 cc's, mentor round saline. He will decide the profile when he's in there w Sixers. Im still not 100% on the size. (I'm only 4'10", 130 lbs, but I'm not petite, and I have broad shoulders)But they assured me we could try on again in the morning before surgery. My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am. Ugh. Going to have to fight that LA traffic...
Good luck tomorrow!
My surgery is tomorrow!!!!! I'm super excited, bought a lot of snacks, did all of my laundry and tidied everything yesterday. Just thinking on any last minute things I might need. any suggestions?
Water and pillows or soft wedge pillow :) congrats I will be thinkin of you:)
Ice packs, gel packs you keep in freezer. If he hasn't given you a stool softener you might need that. All the meds have a constipation effect. Lots of pillows, you'll be sitting and sleeping upright for some time. Have a great surgery. Keep in touch.
I'm post op day 7. I'm healing quite well. Sleeping is still tough. I've been sorta kinda trying to sleep on my side. It doesn't hurt but still can't get comfy and my back just ACHES all the time. For those of you who already had their BA. Please tell me of a bra I can wear that is super comfy! Please. I have some bruising on my ribs and the bra band is killing me! I tried putting guaze as padding; now I've resorted to folding up soft camis to cushion the band from my ribs and incision. I'm pooping just fine now (Yay) so my bra band and sleeping are really my only complaints. Oh and I'm very light headed this morning for some reason; I just ate 1/2 a bagel so I could take my antibiotic. I have the surgical bra, 2 champion zip up bras 1 size medium (fits best as far as I feel supported) and 1 size large. Also 4 sports bras from Danskin I bought at Walmart (too tight everywhere). Icing them doesn't help and I really don't want to take pain meds because of it.
Did you get a neck pillow? I am going to buy one today.
I'll post a link on your review to some helpful recovery supplies. Good luck tomorrow csotirov!
I wear a coobie bra I bought at Walmart . I slept w my surgical bra almost 3 weeks. The bra I'm wearing on my profile (review) is the one I use. Had to get an XL from M size for the band to be comfy. Can't wear the sports ones as they hurt my boobs and I feel them being pulled down.
thank you!!
Yay I'll be sending you positive vibes for boob dream land. . Haha good luck &best wishes. I kno I have a bunch of shows on the dvr while I'm resting in bed. . Plus my kindle.
Good luck! I look forward to updates!
Mine is also tomorrow. I did all the same even put clean sheets on the bed. I thought the cleaner the better. I have lots of pillows, snacks, and help here. Just bummed that my oldest son is sick. His entire football team is dealing with a fever virus. Praying my other two boys don't get sick and I don't as we'll. my surgery is in 8 hrs!! Fingers crossed
OMG my surgery is in a little over 2 days!!! I'm so anxious and excited at the same time!!! I just don't feel like I have all my recovery items I may need. Anyone have any suggestions on things that worked great for them?
Memory foam and feather pillows are the best for sleeping inclined and getting comfortable. My fav was the memory foam horshoe sharp neck pillow! I had my spare bed on an incline and then had a bunch of pillows behind me and a feather pillow for back support and kept 2 king size pillows on both sides so I wouldn't roll over. Also make sure you have prune juice on hand in case you can't go after taken meds. Try to have a few easy prepared meals made ahead too or premade shakes are good too. Good luck honey I'm sure you'll get a lot more feedback :) XXXX
Neck pillow not sharp pillow lol :)
My date of surgery is Wed Sept 17. I've gone through a whirlwind of emotions. Even thoughts of cancelling. I can't help but to feel selfish. Like I should've have done something better with my money. My husband is super supportive, & my children have everything they need &mostly want- so what's wrong w me? Im so nervous I can't eat (which is not such a bad thing) lol... wish me luck. .2 more sleeps till I have bodacious tatas! Lol
You are nervous. This is absolutely normal. I remember saying to myself 2 days before my boob surgery that I didn't need this and that I was really stupid for going through this. BUT, then it hit me. I would be regretting not doing it when I had the chance. This happens to everyone. I remember telling my OBGYN that I was not going into that room to have a C Section after my water broke. He laughed and rolled me in anyway. I had a beautiful baby boy. I know you don't really need nice boobs but wouldn't it be nice to have them when you've got the chance and everyone's support? You will love them afterwards like I love mine.
Wow yer almost there! Yep we've all had those feelings too ;) but yer right just concentrate on the bodacious boobs lol! You gonna post before and after pics?
Hi StephyRae. I felt the same way, like maybe I should save the money for their college or something. But then I think to myself when do I do anything that is just for me... Im always focused on my kids and family. As the saying goes... Happy Mom/Wife, Happy Life =) Dont worry you'll be fine and happy you went through with it. Good luck! My surgery is the 19th, Friday.
My revision is scheduled for 9/25 and I can certainly relate. I know I am driving my husband crazy with all of the back and forth. Lol. I can use the $ on something else;I don't want to be out of the gym; Why am I going through this again, I haven't lost to my goal weight; what if I choose the wrong size THIS time.....in the end, I just have to remember that I know I will regret not going through with this. This is something to make ME happy. And, I like to be happy. Everything will be fine. I look forward to following your progress.
Thank you...that makes me feel a lot better...
Yes .. almost! My husband doesn't want me to post any pics. .I have a lot of tattoos. . So I would definitely be recognized....I feel guilty, because all you ladies share your great photos... that's how I'm getting thru all this nervousness. .. if it was for having boob envy. .I wouldn't be doing this lol..thanks for your support Mrs.500
Exactly... watermelons! I had my first child at 15.. so I've been doing for everyone but myself since then. .I guess now it's my time. .xo
Ya I'm very surprised my hubby didn't have a problem with it! I think he saw all the searching I did and I would say I'm def gonna have to post pics after cuz they've helped me so much thru all my decisions so I guess he was prepared for it. Yer very welcome and not everyone posts pics and there's no pressure or that just wouldn't be nice ;) I was just wanting to see as my old girls were 500s too :) you will def love em I can tell ya that much! It's such an intimate experience that you have with getting to love yer own body all over again and brings back a lot of the confidence we had in our youth. Of course this is a Gramma talking here hee hee. We're all here before and after, pics or not and wish you the best of everything you hoped for in yer surgery....XXXX