Is anyone having Breast Augmentation in August or September 2014?

• 4 months ago

If so, please introduce yourself so we can provide you support throughout your journey!

Comments (1,441)

Sort by

I'm out and feel pretty good! I love them, and so does the hubby :) Everything was quick and easy for me lol I do have some mild discomfort, but no pain. I really wasn't given many restrictions. No hugs, no underwire bras or push up bras, but other then that I can walk eat, raise my arms with in reason. I Love them so far and so does the hubby :)
I wish you all the best with your recovery.
Thanks Hopeful7051
Good luck @MrsNewBoobies tomorrow! Can't wait to read your updates!
Thank you @BethH :) I'm ready!!! 4-1/2 hours YAY!
My breast lift and augmentation with Mentor Memory Shape, medium height, moderate profile implants; 395cc's in my left breast and 355cc's in the right on the 10th of Sept by Dr Remus Repta of Scottsdale. During the same surgery I had an extended upper arm lift with a small amount of lipo in that stubborn area so many of us have just above the bra line under the arms. My primary issue with this first round of post weight loss (135lbs) plastics, is that I'm highly allergic to all opioids that are derived from Morphene and/or Codeine, even synthetic formula's, so my pain meds aren't quite as powerful as most patients can use. That said, I'm thrilled with how my breasts and arms look even now. To have gone from sad little puppies to being able to fill out a bra again is a dream come true! And having 4 less inches of upper arm ... well it goes without saying that any amount of pain is worth it!!
Welcome Harp75! What an exciting time in your life! I'm going to check out your review right now!
My PS sells the silicone scar strip but told me that vitamin E oil works just as well. I started the day he took out the stitches.
what type of vitamin E oil did you buy and how are you applying it? @SWFL Mom
I bought "Finest" brand from Walgreens. It was a BOGO for $8.99 for 2.5 oz. I gently massage it on my scar for 30 seconds, then massage it all over my breasts for dry skin and to help prevent the possibility of stretch marks. Good luck!
I asked my PS about coconut oil, vitamin E oil, Bio Oil, a silicone tape often used and recommended by dr's in Mexico, and a silicone scar treatment made by Bio Dermis (available on Amazon) which I'm using on my breasts currently. But my PS swears by Embrace Scar Therapy for straight line scars, and I'm trusting him to guide me and my care.
Would you recommend coconut oil? That's what I've been using, it seems to be working ok....but I was wondering what you or anyone else might know on this board...thanks!
I know coconut oil is very moisturizing but not sure if it has any qualities known to reduce scars. Google it?
I bought bio oil but I take coconut oil (2 tbsp) daily. Coconut oil is wonderful for moisturizing your skin. Just not sure if would help with scars. Past surgeries the doc recommended buying vitamin E capsules cutting the tip and rubbing the vitamin E directly on scar which helped
I bought the vitamin E in liquid form! Less waste and it absorbs nicely. I didn't buy the bio oil everyone talks about since I read it's expensive and my PS said the E works great.
My PS doesn't have me using any oils or creams. My steri strips from my 1 week appt are still on (I'm 3 weeks now). I feel fine and have been massaging the scars with the strips on. The bumpiness has gone down quite a bit. My PS said my body will heal the way it is going to heal regardless if I use a cream or oil or massage the incisions. I'm sharing this because I think if you are using any type of cream or oil I'm sure it is fine. There seems to be lots of options out there and if there really was one that was far superior than the other we'd all hear about it (and our PS's would know). Happy healing ladies!
Thank you Runner twin mom! Again it only goes to show that every PS has different ways of doing things based upon their studies and own experiences. I too agree that your body is going to heal regardless of using creams, oils and/or massage. I didn't use anything on my lumpectomy scar around my areola or my C-section scars and both are barely noticeable and neither is bumpy. I picked up the vitamin E oil primarily because my skin was flaking due to the skin being stretched and studies have shown that Vitamin E have reduced even old scars so I figured why not? Almost all my lotions are from Bath and Body Works (I have an addiction), but I wasn't sure if I should be putting all the "extra" artificial color, scents etc. on a new wound all the time. One thing I have noticed when I do apply B&BW lotions on I tend to sweat a lot more and feel more "yucky" versus using just the oil. Ugg I can't wait for the temps to get below 90 degrees here!
I think everyone's body is different, but my husband just had knee surgery 3mos ago. He rubs/massages his scar all the time. They told him that's one of the best things to do and to keep it up. You can barely see his scar! I will do that, but I also am going to grabs some bio-oil or Maderma Stretch Mark cream to get rid of old stretch marks from breastfeeding and trying to prevent new ones!
Very true. Some people are more prone to scarring. I'm Asian/American so with the olive skin tone I was told that scarring was more likely. I'm very thankful that despite having 4 children I didn't get any stretch marks. But it's a part of life. Mrs new boonies if you had children is very unlikely you would get new scars ... unless you're going way bigger than your peak size when pregnant ;) good luck!
Well I am 4 days post op. I am shocked in the size!! I wanted to be a full C or small D. I know I am swollen and it has only been 4 days but to go from a 36A to a 36FF come on. I had 465CC HP Gel implants placed above the muscle. Husband said oh they are not that big LOL until he helped me remove my camisole last night and realized how big they really are. Very little pain now. There is lots of tightness. Have a post op appointment on Wed to have stitches removed and hopefully get the ok to go back to work.
I still can't tell how big my breast are. I have 600cc and was a very flat 38a. They don't look big at all yet but I'm hoping that changes when the swelling goes down. I still have Frankenstein boobs, that are flat and square.
I wouldnt worry to much this early you still have swelling im sure. I took my bra off on day 3 and thought they were very scary large. I was a 36c before and got 470 cc in each and im now wearing a DD. Try to give it some time they will drop and be beautiful! Congrats :)
Had my post op visit this morning. Everything looks good. Still a lot of swelling. I'm still having a lot of pain in my underarms. I feel like a sissy considering I have a high tolerance for pain. I was told to start massaging the breast. How often should I do this and do I do it with my bra and strap on or off? I was also told to start weaning on the pain meds this week and start taking ibuprofen tomorrow. I'm still using ice packs regularly. Is there anything else that fm help with swelling?
Today was my surgery. Ended up with 600cc high profile gel silicone. My underarms hurt for some reason really bad. I look more pain meds and starting to feel better.
It probably your nerves. I'm a month out an my incision (transaxillary) still bothers me around the top half of my breast.