If you're getting a breast aug in January or February 2013, check in here!

• 1 year ago

Share a few details about yourself and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (614)

Sort by

Tomorrow I will be at my 7 week post op from lift + augmentation. Today I did my first "real" workout (spin) and during the work out my breasts felt extra tight, hard, and swollen (uncomfortably so). Anyone else experience this? Also, for the fun of it I got myself measured at VS around 4 weeks post op and was measured as 34D. I chalked it up to still being swollen. Yesterday I went back to VS and was measured at 34DD!!! To prove them wrong I tried on a 34D swimsuit top and it was too small! Is it possible I have gotten larger as they are settling? I don't want to be a DD! :( :(
Yeah, the first couple decent workouts I had felt rely tight. Even my upper back was sore during and after. As for the swim top issue, try not to get hung up on the size itself - every bra and bikini top is a little different, and while your *size* probably won't change much, your *shape* will continue to change. I'm fitting into a D now, which sounded enormous to me but I certainly don't feel like they look huge! Happy healing!
Hi, as I have read on here and told by my DR. It takes at least 3 mths or more for the breast to settle into the size they will be. Also, every clothing manufacturer has a different vision of size. So try another place. But give yourself more time. What type of bra are you wearing to workout in? Just asking, I am still in the walking stage. 4 weeks post op. but I am loving my BL and BA.
My weekend task is to purchase a couple of new good sports bra's to wear while working out. Yesterday I squeezed into one I wore pre-surgery (minus the padding) and although the girls were nice and snug, they were too squished. Any recommendations on good sports bra's?
I know, I just happen to like VS. I also have a credit card with a lot of $ just waiting to be spent there as well as, I recently had a b-day so of course received a few VS gift certificates. Unfortunately, finding anything cute or sexy in a 34DD is challenging. I will hold off a little longer to see how the girls continue to settle in. @HM- I have had some back issues too! I havent attempted weights yet! I'm trying to be cautious with my work outs, but after 6 weeks of no activity I feel like my body is turning into mush and bikini season is around the corner so I gotta step it up....and quickly!! Pretty new boobs with a flabby butt doesn't pair together well on the beach. Haha.
I know it's supposedly not unusual to be able to feel the implant itself, especially underneath and/or on the outer edge - I'm pretty sure I can feel my left one, and maybe starting to on the right. Have any of you ladies (especially with saline) noticed that?
Yes! It's so creepy! I feel more on my left than right. But, when I'm doing my massage, I feel it less by the end.
How is everyone doing? I noticed in the morning my chest feels heavy. Anyone else? Once I am up moving around ok. So far I am VERYpleased with my BL an BA. Had one set back. A tear under left breast. Not sure how it happened or why. Had to go back to surgery and had it fixed. so my right breast is 4 weeks and my left is coming up on 2 weeks. I am feeling good. Hope everyone else is doing fine.
I have heard that called "morning boob". Mine felt tight in the morning. I guess its from not moving as much. I dont really get it anymore, i am 8 weeks post Friday. It will get better and then just go away:)
AMJ, sorry to hear about the tear! That sounds scary! Glad you're happy with your results so far. My right one looks awesome, my left one hasn't dropped the same yet and it's starting to concern me :-/
I agree with Country.. I felt super tight in the mornings, especially if I was flat on my back during the night. It seemed a little less intense if I slept propped up or if I took a Tylenol during the night. I'm also about 8wks out, and haven't had any morning boob issues for a while now. Happy healing!
2weeks post op appt today. I'm feeling great the numbness sensation I was having finally went away I think it had to do with my arms being so tight bc since I started streching them it has calmed down a lot. Ill try an update later after work and appt. Happy healing ladies!
Anyone have any solutions for stomach sleepers? I am not a back sleeper by any means and only sleep on my side every once and a while... It's starting to drive me crazy! The itchiness doesn't help either! For the itchiness I've been using lotion and making sure I'm using moisturizing body wash too. AND if you still have your steri strips on, make sure you are very dry before dressing and any gauze. I had some "green stuff" on my bandages one morning and I freaked out! Luckily had an appt with doctor that day, he said its not an infection and its just moisture trapped under the steri strips. Good luck ladies!! :-)
Hey there! I've been wondering the same thing! My back is hurting almost every morning, although everyday a little less. So what body wash are you using? My PS told me only Dial- no fragrances- for now, but I know all of the schools of thought are different. So, besides that how are you doing?
Hi. My PS did not tell me no fragrances. He did tell me no HOT showers and no scrubbing. I am now 2 weeks post op and doing well. I am still sleeping in the recliner. I am normally a side sleeper.
My back is hurting more and more everyday :-/. I used body wash from a company called Melaluca. But I used dove too. PS didn't give me any soap restrictions, just not supposed to scrub. I'm doing pretty good. Still more swelling on left than right. Praying that they even out soon!!
How about you?
I'm doing so much better than last week! I actually like how they look now! I only took 5 days off of work but when I came back I ran out of breath so easily and got light headed. I decided to take 3 more days off to fully recover. About one week in I bent over and feel like my left one pulled away or something. It hasn't felt right since. My right side feels normal almost like a part of me. But really worried I disturbed the healing on my left one :( I'm going in for another postop check in one week so hopefully it will be feeling better by then. Anyone had that happen??
I have the exact same thing on my right side! My left feels a part of me. When I bend over I hold the right side because it feels like the implant it falling out at the top. I tried massaging more to see if it needs to fit into pocket better to no avail. I plan in discussing with PS on Thurs so can let you know what he says if you want.
Yeah, I have had some back pain - mostly upper to mid-back. It seems worst when I've been on the treadmill. I just figured it was those muscles adjusting to the new weight on my chest! :)
MyShell definitely let me know how it goes! I'm hoping it's just that one side is healing a bit slower than the other. Good luck!
Hi! I saw my PS this week and explained having the same feeling as you when bending over. It was explained to me that this is a normal part of the healing process and is the muscle still trying to get used to everything. I was also told the massaging continues to help and found out that I wasn't doing my massage properly. I'm less worried now- and more focused on proper massage form. You should still talk to your PS about it next week. Let me know what he/she says. Have a great weekend! :)
Question for post op ladies: I am 3 weeks and 3 days post. The girls are SOOOOO itchy. It's making me crazy! It's almost like they are itching from the inside as no relief happens when using lotion or even coconut oil. However, when clothing or anything rubs against them (or when I try to gently "scratch" them) they get even MORE itchy. I seriously can't concentrate on anything else its so bad! Any one else have this and found a remedy for it? Please!!
Mine have been itchy also, but when i put palmers skin therapy oil on them it works...and sometimes I mix the oil with the arnica gel..
Oh! Also, i could be your sports bra material thats itching you, I found that puting on a cotton tank top or cami first, then putting my sports bra over the cami helps,yes i wear my sprots bra on the outstide of the cotton tank because the cotton material feels better against my skin than the polyester or whatever it is the sports bras are made of!!