Female: Who should perform ptosis surgery?

Dr. Amiya Prasad: Ptosis surgery is a specialized procedure typically performed by surgeon called an oculoplastic or oculofacial plastic surgeon. An oculofacial plastic surgeon has combined training in ophthalmology and advanced training in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyes and face.

What Kind of Doctor Should Perform Surgery on Droopy Eyelids?

Dr. Amiya Prasad describes why ptosis correction surgery is highly specialized and is only performed by oculoplastic/oculofacial surgeons.