Mini Dental Implants with Snap in Overdentures - Zapopan, Mexico

I arrived in Guadalajara Mexico late evening...

I arrived in Guadalajara Mexico late evening February 22, 2016. I went to stay at Emmas bed and breakfast in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico. I stayed there when I had my plastic surgery done last year. Emma and her family are just wonderful. They speak perfect English and make you feel warm and welcome in their home. Emma provides three excellent meals a day. The next morning I went to see my dentist Dr. Pablo Quaiotti at the Dental Live clinic in Zapopan. He inserted 5 mini dental implants in my upper area to hold some new Overdentures. I was only able to have five implants because I did not have enough bone. Anywhere between six and eight are recommended. But five was able to work for me. There was an issue with the new overdentures not being to my satisfaction. Dr. Quaiotti worked until I was completely satisfied. He speaks perfect English. He spent some time studying in the United States. I would highly recommend him. I am going to return to him to have some dental implants done in my lower area. Zapopan is a suburb of Guadalajara Mexico. Guadalajara is the second largest City in Mexico and very diverse and culturally rich so there is plenty to do and enjoy while you are waiting for the process to complete. My stay as rather long, 10 days because of the delay of the lab in getting the dentures made but it is my understanding he is changing labs and maybe that will not be an issue in the future. I was having some plastic surgery revision done also while I was here so the long delay was not an issue for me. Besides as I said earlier there is plenty to see and do. The cost for my stay at Emmas was $60 a day which again included three meals a day.

Complications

Three weeks after mine implants were done one of them disappeared. I went to a local dentist and he did x-rays. Somehow it had worked its way up into my sinuses. I had to have surgery to have it removed. Cost was $900. I will have to have that implant replaced after the bone heals. I am now having problems with the other implants. One implant is not inserted deep enough and the other three are inserted too deep and my dentures are not stable and actually hurt when I try to eat anything. I am going to have to return to the dentist to see if he can correct them because I cannot find any local dentist who is willing to work on someone else's work. So all in all it looks like it's going to end up costing me the same thing as if I had done it locally. If I would have done it locally at least the doctor would be easy for me to get back to and I wouldn't have to end up paying to correct any complications. Lesson learned.

Complications

Three weeks after my return to the United States one of the implants disappeared. I went to a local dentist for x-rays and the implant had somehow worked its way up into my sinuses. I had to spend $900 to have it removed. Now I have to have that implant replaced after the bone heals. Plus one of my implants is not inserted far enough in and the other three implants are inserted too far in and this has to be corrected because my dentures don't fit properly and it actually hurts when I try to eat anything. I can't find any local dentist who are willing to work on someone else's work. So now I have to return to Mexico to have the corrections done. Considering all of the extra cost involved now it's going to end up costing me the same thing as if I had done it locally. If I had done it locally at least I wouldn't have to spend extra money to have the corrections done. I will update later as to how everything turns out.
Dr. Pablo Quaiotti