Reconstruction After Bilateral Mastectomy. Chelsea, MI

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February of...

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February of 2015. In March of 2015, I was scheduled for a bilateral mastectomy with Dr. Jennifer Kulick. Dr. Kulick coordinated her surgery with Dr. Daniel Sherick who performed the first phase of reconstructive surgery at the same time of the mastectomy surgery. In June, the expanders were removed and the implants were placed. Because it was not possible to save my nipples and areola, I needed to make the decision as to whether to have them reconstructed or not. After much thought and conversation with a loved one who told me that I deserved the dignity of feeling as normal as possible, I decided to move forward with it in October and was extremely happy with the results. Now when I look in the mirror, the scars and negativity of the cancer battle aren't the first thing I see, but rather I see a more normal appearance. He has enabled me to overcome the self-consciousness that comes with battling this terrible disease. Throughout this whole process, Dr. Sherick and his staff were the most competent, empathetic and compassionate team of support and knowledge I could have asked for. Each step of the way, all of my options were explained with pros and cons along with the recommendation Dr. Sherick was making and why. All of my questions were answered from day one and I felt so totally comfortable with Dr. Sherick and his staff, they had my total trust. I would highly recommend Dr. Sherick in a heartbeat!!
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sherick was easy to communicate with. He answered all of my questions and made sure I understood everything before each surgery. He has a lot of knowledge and experience and is very competent when it comes to plastic surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.