21 Year Old - Giant Nevus / Very Large Birthmark Removal - Yorkshire, GB

I had a very unsightly Giant Nevus birth mark on...

I had a very unsightly Giant Nevus birth mark on my left side which I had always been very self conscious about. Measuring roughly 14 cm x 5 cm it covered much of my side, making it difficult to cover easily. Because it was so large, I was concerned it could more easily become cancerous and felt having it removed would be the best option. I was very worried about the size of the scar and possible puckering of the wound site.

Before my surgery I had a very long discussion with Mr Mahajan about the final appearance of my scar as I was worried it would end up looking worse than the original birthmark. He was very patient and explained what could be done to minimise the scarring. After the surgery I was shocked at how smooth the scar was, I was expecting it to be at least a bit puckered but it followed the line of my body perfectly. One year on and the scar is almost completely faded and hardly noticeable. I am so grateful to Mr Mahajan, he definitely put my anxiety at ease. I could not have chosen a better doctor, he certainly exceed all my expectations.