Cowgirl Up and Slim Down - York, PA

I am 46 years old and a mother of three children...

I am 46 years old and a mother of three children and three horses. I like to be active but have always struggled with my weight, which I felt held me back from doing so many things. I feel too fat for riding my horses now. I've been wanting to do this for years and my insurance wouldn't pay for it bc I wasn't fat enough. Wow! Never heard that before. Well I wasn't going to try to gain weight so I thought it wasn't for me. A sign? Fast forward a few years and I ballooned up to the weight I needed to qualify. I really don't know how that happened ???? I then went through 6 months of all the pre surgery hoops and was scheduled for December 2015. I had absolutely no support from my friends and family who all think I should not go through major surgery when I could just diet and exercise. Like I haven't tried that all my life. I ended up getting bronchitis 7 days into the 10 day preop diet and had to cancel. Another sign? I tried dieting after Christmas to keep off what I lost during the preop diet but went right back up on the scales. So here I am trying again. I fluctuate between weighing 247-253 and am 5'8". I'm scheduled for sleeve on 7-21-16. My husband does not care how I look and is actually afraid I will cheat or leave him. The only thing I'm afraid of is depression and anxiety. I heard it can get pretty bad after surgery, even months and years out. I have a long history of free floating anxiety and panic disorder. I'm terrified that my anxiety meds won't work correctly after I get my new tummy. I cannot live with those terrible feelings and nothing is worth going through that. Not even being thin for once in my life. Does anyone here suffer from panic and went through the sleeve? I would love to hear how you're doing?
York Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Monk has no personality. Very unemotional face. However, he answers all my questions and seems to know his stuff.