Lipoma Removal. . Why Did I Wait So Long. Little York, NY

My lipoma is gone, but I can't believe it took me...

My lipoma is gone, but I can't believe it took me this long to do it. I had a lipoma on my right upper back that had been there for at least 15 years, and was slowly growing in size. one doctor told me that he'd have to make a big incision in order to get it out and since I didn't want that, I sort of put it out of my mind. And since I couldn't really see it very easily, I just went into denial and tried to forget about it. A boyfriend once mentioned it to me but basically I pretended it wasn't there.
But it was there, and whenever anyone hugged me I would cringe and try to avoid it because I knew that if they felt it , they would ask what it was. And of course I saw it if I put on a bathing suit or anything else that might show my back, so I started avoiding those things more and more.
And then my dermatologist told me about Dr Engler, and how he removes even very large lipomas using very small incisions, so I went to him for a consultation. He was very nice, warm, reassuring and confirmed that I did not in fact need such a big incision. And he does them in his office operating room. I'm in the medical profession so thatwas something else I liked.
We did the surgery on tuesday. The operating room is neat and clean. I had minimal pain during the injections (it's under local anesthesia ) but no pain at any time after that. Not during the surgery, not afterwards. He prescribed some pain meds but I never used anything other than a Tylenol. He saw me two days later for a dressing change, and a few times since.
Now my back is flat and you can't even see the incisions. This was the easiest thing in the world to do and the only thing is trying to figure out why I waited so long!

My lipoma is gone, but I can't believe it took me this long

New York, N.Y.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Engler was loving, compassionate and kind. He explained everything he was doing during the procedure. He called.me that evening to see if I was ok... I would refer him to anyone who is looking for an experienced plastic surgeon